2006 Accord Wire gromit location

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eldoggo

CarAudio.com Recruit
Canada
I have a 2006 accord, and am running power wire from my battery to my trunk. Its hooked into my battery and fuse, but I cant find where to run the wire into the cabin. The two gromits I see on the drivers side are very tight. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 16324468785661659854213669531851.jpg
    16324468785661659854213669531851.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 45
Peel back some of that insulation and drill a little big bigger sized hole then your wire then go get a rubber grommet that will fit in that hole yet allow the wire to run through it. Then take some butyl rope or silicone then seal on both sides it then put the insulation back and you are done.

Peel back some of that insulation and drill a little big bigger sized hole then your wire then go get a rubber grommet that will fit in that hole yet allow the wire to run through it. Then take some butyl rope or silicone then seal on both sides it then put the insulation back and you are done.
How do I tell where its safe to drill? Under the hood theres so many parts going right up to the wall between the cabin and the hood, that I cant tell where to drill.

Going to have to find a space where you have enough space to do so. Just best to remove the insulation you can always put it back while someone else looks in the engine bay and try to figure it out. I had to do it that way for years or find a spot next to a grommet and see if there is anything in the engine bay that may cause the wire to rub or anything just make sure you put some wire loom around it and seal it in the engine bay as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...