2002 civic on a tiny budget.

Yeah that amp will fully power that sub easily.You wont be under 100.

You need to factor in an amp kit and sub box along with shipping and tax costs.
My father said he would like to make the box. We'll see about that.

As for a kit.. Would you mind linking me? Can be from anywhere unless it's $50 at Express as I can get free shipping if I reach $100.

And would you recommend that sub I chose or is there something better for right around the price? I know there's not going to be anything great, there's a reason it's

I don't really like to ask for links on things I can find but I honestly have not a clue.

My father said he would like to make the box. We'll see about that.
As for a kit.. Would you mind linking me? Can be from anywhere unless it's $50 at Express as I can get free shipping if I reach $100.

And would you recommend that sub I chose or is there something better for right around the price? I know there's not going to be anything great, there's a reason it's

I don't really like to ask for links on things I can find but I honestly have not a clue.
https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01N3METPK/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519692597&sr=1-4&keywords=8+gauge+knukonceptz

A 5 ch amp to run the entire system rather than a mono amp and 4 ch amp.
maybe you didnt read the part where the budget is 100 dollars lmao. The expectation of quality and normal install norms arent applicable here.

He can just do speakers on head unit power, sub to take care of the low end for now and do the speaker amp later.

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Bassik-Complete-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B01N3METPK/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519692597&sr=1-4&keywords=8+gauge+knukonceptz

maybe you didnt read the part where the budget is 100 dollars lmao. The expectation of quality and normal install norms arent applicable here.

He can just do speakers on head unit power, sub to take care of the low end for now and do the speaker amp later.
Sometimes it links to not the correct option, that would be the 8 gauge? Thanks!

I'd honestly convince her to forget about the rear speakers and just do front speakers plus a pair of tweeters. The speakers hertz mafia listed does not play anything up high. You'll be missing out on some detail if you only use those alone.

Your head unit has front left and right speaker power outs. Use that for tweeters. The rear left and right speaker connections, use that for your front midranges.

Sometimes it links to not the correct option, that would be the 8 gauge? Thanks!
04jBg9.jpg

I'd honestly convince her to forget about the rear speakers and just do front speakers plus a pair of tweeters. The speakers hertz mafia listed does not play anything up high. You'll be missing out on some detail if you only use those alone.
Your head unit has front left and right speaker power outs. Use that for tweeters. The rear left and right speaker connections, use that for your front midranges.
I guess one reason for doing back speakers is for ease of installation. If I use the rear out for the fronts and front outs for the tweeters it means doing some semi serious re wiring and pulling the head unit out. Whereas original placement 6.5" speakers will require almost nothing along with the sub and amp being a little more but still not terrible.

Edit: Semi serious for me*

Between me and my father, we've done much worse. Non car audio related. Not that we couldn't do it, just that we didn't plan on a near total rewire here.

I guess one reason for doing back speakers is for ease of installation. If I use the rear out for the fronts and front outs for the tweeters it means doing some semi serious re wiring and pulling the head unit out. Whereas original placement 6.5" speakers will require almost nothing along with the sub and amp being a little more but still not terrible.
i'd go for coaxials instead then.

yeah they tested a boss riot 1100 did 180 watts.. get the next level up on pioneer u can get 4 channel zapco amp for like $100 just to run highs or a bigger ppi 900.4 or similar for under $200 power front speakers and bridge to amp.. as far as sub wouldn't spend less than say $50 on it (need at least a 2" voice coil) no boss pa or hifonics on that either come back here before buying amp and sub..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I made a post yesterday over on CarAudioForum(Not sure if the forums like each-other but lets hope so.) and got tons of help, but you can never have enough opinions.
My sister just bought a 2002 civic. The stock radio was shot, along with the front speakers. Back speakers are missing.

We got her a Kenwood BT518HD head unit, and she said she wants to get some better speakers.

Taking into consideration her budget is under $100, cheaper is better, an amp is not an option unless someone has one real cheap used. So that limits the options on speakers, a lot.

I do have an old Kenwood 50W RMS x2 channels @4 ohms that I could possibly use but honestly I doubt I will. We can get something better when she has a bit more money to spend.

We're looking at, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0PF9G/ref=as_at/?imprToken=Aso8kdjBqsNz9aj6vFr.DA&slotNum=11&ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000P0PF9G&linkCode=w61&tag=stereo0c-20&linkId=STCND6UMCXOZU2BP

OR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANIECRQ/ref=as_at/?imprToken=Aso8kdjBqsNz9aj6vFr.DA&slotNum=14&ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ANIECRQ&linkCode=w61&tag=stereo0c-20&linkId=MLTRDVENKVVHG4QO

AND

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-G1620F-2-Way-Coaxial-Speaker/dp/B07595G6H7/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C33JJP26GF120910HJPV

I'm thinking Pioneers in the back and either the JBLs or Polks up front.

Thanks!

When you sister is in the car, what music source will she be listening to (radio, or from an Ipod or smartphone, etc. )? Since the Kenwood BT518HD is a digital media receiver and not a CD player, she won't be listening to CDs, correct (just wanting to make sure on this)?

When you sister is in the car, what music source will she be listening to (radio, or from an Ipod or smartphone, etc. )? Since the Kenwood BT518HD is a digital media receiver and not a CD player, she won't be listening to CDs, correct (just wanting to make sure on this)?
Either Smartphone or radio.

Okay, well that throws my idea out the window. I was thinking a little out-of-the box. I was thinking of you returning your Kenwood head unit (if you could) and pick up a Sony MEX-XB100BT. You would get back about $100 for the Kenwood but the Sony would have cost about $200. But, the Sony is MUCH more powerful than the Kenwood. You could have used the XB100BT to power your front stage (maybe those Lanzar MX62 coaxials) and bridge the two channels on your amp for the sub...when you get one.

But, if she doesn't listen to CDs and DOES listen to the radio, then keeping the Kenwood might be okay since it does have HD radio built into it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.