2002 civic on a tiny budget.

I'm not 100% sure what 2 channel means, I assumed that means 2 speakers? So I could only amp the front or the back?

Thanks for looking! I couldn't find much on it! I'll look into the xover!
he saying just u a 2 channel amp on front speakers and power rears from hu (like i said we don't care about rear speakers i only have 2 in my whole car, front sound stage sounds better) peeps in back seat don't matter lol, and just use the xover on the hu for front and rear (that hu also have hp filter for tweeter so u can get a tweet that don't have xover built in) cause u can change it easy..

Got it!

Actually I'll be in the rear most of time(LOL) but it seems like any of these speakers will sounds just fine run through the HU. So if I can, HU the back and Amp the front.

Add a sub later.

Got it!
Actually I'll be in the rear most of time(LOL) but it seems like any of these speakers will sounds just fine run through the HU. So if I can, HU the back and Amp the front.

Add a sub later.
that s*cks back seat guy lol.. yep stick a 12 in there with even small mono amp later it'll be much better..

that s*cks back seat guy lol.. yep stick a 12 in there with even small mono amp later it'll be much better..
Yeah, I'll decide between the 3 I posted, and all of them that you guys posted. Then in a couple months or less we'll grab a small mono amp and 10/12 sub. Whenever I find a deal. I think buying used amps is safe, speakers and subs, I'd rather not.

Yeah, I'll decide between the 3 I posted, and all of them that you guys posted. Then in a couple months or less we'll grab a small mono amp and 10/12 sub. Whenever I find a deal. I think buying used amps is safe, speakers and subs, I'd rather not.
peeps sell amps here.. see good deals on fb and cl just meet in public place.. also bigblank here test amps and some times sells them after he does video so depends what sub u have he may have good one for u..

Buying used amps is usually just fine if you get a brand like alpine, pioneer, even kicker, etc

The super budget brands that do put out rated power I wouldn't touch after 5-10 years

Honestly, you could buy a ppi900.5, or any variant of that amp, and split the cost as a present or something.

another option is to call up a local car audio shop and see what they have laying around, you can get lucky sometimes. if they have anything oldschool, like this, let me know please? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

1tfq8AF.jpg

I have a question.

If we were to go with 2(or 4) of the Parts Express speakers and a sub/amp in the rear, what's the absolute cheapest sub/amp from parts express that would work along with those $9 speakers.

I don't want garbage obviously, but the amp just needs to push the sub and the sub doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just some bass as I'm sure 2, or 4, of those speakers isn't give much at all.

peeps sell amps here.. see good deals on fb and cl just meet in public place.. also bigblank here test amps and some times sells them after he does video so depends what sub u have he may have good one for u..
To go from my last post..

These 2 items are 50-80% less money that any other sub/amp combo but what's wrong with them?

https://www.parts-express.com/boss-r1004-riot-400-watt-4-channel-car-audio-amplifier--265-3987

https://www.parts-express.com/grs-12sw-4-12-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-484

Not saying I'm getting them, but would they work?

To go from my last post..
These 2 items are 50-80% less money that any other sub/amp combo but what's wrong with them?

https://www.parts-express.com/boss-r1004-riot-400-watt-4-channel-car-audio-amplifier--265-3987

https://www.parts-express.com/grs-12sw-4-12-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-484

Not saying I'm getting them, but would they work?
they work... for a week or two till that boss amp blows. Also while they are working, you'll at best get bass as loud as your door speakers. That boss amp is weaker than head units. Soooo yeaaah you are just wasting money on brick doorstops.

they work... for a week or two till that boss amp blows. Also while they are working, you'll at best get bass as loud as your door speakers. That boss amp is weaker than head units. Soooo yeaaah you are just wasting money on brick doorstops.
So between those 2, the amp is the weak point.

I don't plan on wasting money, which is why I'm here.

I appreciate the info!

Parts express doesn't have a very good car audio selection, I wouldn't get an amp from them.

Here's a nice budget 4chan: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_79530_Soundstream-PN4.520D.html

You could run the parts express speakers in parallel if they are 4 or 8 ohms and amplify the fronts and rears as the front 2 channels then bridge the rear channels for the sub. Plenty of power to go around for everything.

Same board different company: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68789_Precision-Power-PPI-i520.4.html

Both amps do their rated power.

Parts express doesn't have a very good car audio selection, I wouldn't get an amp from them.
Here's a nice budget 4chan: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_79530_Soundstream-PN4.520D.html

You could run the parts express speakers in parallel if they are 4 or 8 ohms and amplify the fronts and rears as the front 2 channels then bridge the rear channels for the sub. Plenty of power to go around for everything.

Same board different company: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68789_Precision-Power-PPI-i520.4.html

Both amps do their rated power.
Thanks! Looks like I'm back to just doing speakers for now and just spending more later on an amp/sub.

So between those 2, the amp is the weak point.
I don't plan on wasting money, which is why I'm here.

I appreciate the info!
for subwoofers you ideally want a monoblock, not a 4 channel amp. However if you want it done dirt cheap, run the speakers on head unit power, use that old kenwood amp you have for that subwoofer. That old kenwood 2 channel amp bridged should be miles better than the boss.

for subwoofers you ideally want a monoblock, not a 4 channel amp. However if you want it done dirt cheap, run the speakers on head unit power, use that old kenwood amp you have for that subwoofer. That old kenwood 2 channel amp bridged should be miles better than the boss.
See what I mean, I have no idea. Which is why I'm here, to learn from the experts.

I was just thinking about that.. The amp is a Kenwood kac 606 by the way. I'm going to do a bit more research into that. I could be under $100 if all works out.

See what I mean, I have no idea. Which is why I'm here, to learn from the experts.
I was just thinking about that.. The amp is a Kenwood kac 606 by the way. I'm going to do a bit more research into that. I could be under $100 if all works out.
Yeah that amp will fully power that sub easily.

You wont be under 100.

You need to factor in an amp kit and sub box along with shipping and tax costs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.