2001 Dodge Ram qb Alpine Wall build. Slow but for sure

Participant count
  • Participant list

bootsdodgejn

Well my first post/thread is a build log. Why not. Jumping in.

So at the moment I have A App radio 3 for the head unit, 15" Type R x2, Type R 6x9 up front, Mrx 240 for the subs, Cheap kicker 5.2 in the rear, Kicker kx600.4 to power the speakers. Loved this setup for the longest time. But i go to plenty of Car Show and wanted a wow factor. And well lets face it. Iv always wanted to do a wall. *was told i would not be able to do it*.

I figured i would do it right with deadner extra batteries...etc

So here is my list that will be going in the truck.

App Radio 3

(4) 15" Alpine Type Rs

(2) Alpine Mrx-240 to power the subs

(1) Alpine MRX-F65 for speakers

(2) Alpine Type R 6x9s

(2) Alpine Type R 5.2s

(2) Stinger block (1) 0gauge in (4) 4gauge out.

(2) Battery Boxes

(2) Batteries

(1) Blue Sea 7622 ML-Series Heavy Duty Automatic Charging Relay

(1) Rux-knobs

50 feet RADAFLEX® 1/0 AWG

20 feet RADAFLEX® #4 AWG

Stinger Roadkill deadner

Im sure there is more but i cant remember at the moment.

Me and my buddy will be building this whole thing. He has the box building experience and i do the wiring. We plan on building 4 ported boxes. That will just make it easy install and have them all separate. In case one goes bad it wont affect the others (knock on wood). Once all those are installed we will have a beauty board or whatever it is called.

We are in the air on where to install the amps. At the moment we have to ideas. 1 on the back of the whole setup ( only access thru the back window) 2 one each side of the box and the 4 channel under a seat. That shall be figured on shortly.

As for the back glass. Well that's being taken out all together. I am having a guy build a frame and a access point. So it can be locked and secured tight and then if we need access we will be able to get to the back.

I am also adding another 2 batteries in the bed. The charging relay will be connected between those and my main engine batteries.

If you know anything about these 2nd gen dodges. They have 1.5 radios. well that was just not enough for me. There had to be a DD instead. So i cut and trimmed the dash bezzel and plastic behind it. Made some brackets to hold and BAM done. Still have to glass it to make it look stock but all in time.

So in the following weeks and will slowly but surley posting up progress. First up is throwing up sheet metal to cover all the random holes and stuff. Also roll on the stinger RoadKill matt.

For now i shall put up pics of my current setup. Thank you for your time.

View attachment 26544257View attachment 26544258View attachment 26544259View attachment 26544260

Installed some Stinger RoadKill. Did all 4 doors. Will use the rest up when the old setup comes out. And also will be ordering more in the near future. Also oredered some more stuff. Should be in this week. More pictures coming.

P.S. sry that i only have 2 pic of doors up. Would have done all 4 but rain was coming. So aint nobody got time for extra pictures.

Got a package in the mail. Quick shipping. 50' 1/0

Also on a crappy note. My buddy that was going to be helping with the build. He is seeming to be distancing himself. So now i have all this stuff and no way to build it. I would but im not good at this kinda stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.