2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't know how I'm going to go about this, but after a car accident, I grabbed all the car around equipment I have, and I'm going to get a good sounding system.

What I have:

- Alpine CDE-134HD (Probbably Another project)

- Alpine CDE-164BT (Probably going to use)

- Alpine PDX-F4 (Probably going to use)

- Alpine MRV-F300 (Probably going to throw away)

- Alpine 6x9 type R (probably going to use)

- Infinity 4x6 Kapa (Probably going to sit on shelf)

- 1/0 wire (for wiring homes not cars)

- 3 gauge wire (for wiring homes not cars)

- 12 gauge signal wire

- 4 gauge fused distribution block with a sorted fuses

- 3 pairs db link shielded rca cables

Assorted radio adapters

What I recently ordered:

- 1/2" 6x9 spacer (to fit the alpine 6x9 in the front doors)

- Single din adapter for Jeep WJ

What I plan on buying:

- Zapco ST-850XM

- Alpine SWS-8D2 8"

- 8" Sealed Sub box ~.5 cubic feet

- Front tweeters maybe

- Rear door speakers: I could get 6.5" round speakers and a spacer, or 5.25" speakers and an adapter, or maybe get creative and run something like 6x9 type r‘s.

P0hXSzxh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you run those infinity 5x7 component plates yet? How did you like them, were they powered by head unit or amp?
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I had a 05 grand am with the alpine CDE-134HD, the alpine PDX-F4, the infinities in the front, the 6x9 type R in the back, and, I think the kappas were overpriced, they were nice, but they weren't as good as the alpines. Also the Kappas didn't get as loud as the Alpines which makes sense, they are 60 watt speakers, vs the alpines which are 100 watt speakers. The kappas were tight and clean, but they had a serious lacking in the low region. I had the 6x9s ran at about 80hz up and the Infinities at like 120hz up (which is where is sounded best). The infinities could not handle anything below 60hz at all.

Edit: to add to this, In another vehicle, I have infinity kappa 6x8 and alpine type r 6x8 powered by a alpine pdr 75, with a blaupunkt power subwoofer, and the alpines sound a little better or as good as the kappas in every frequency.

Alpine CDE-164BT head unit was used.

3 pairs of shielded RCA's and two 3 gauge wires ran to the back.

Alpine PDX-F4 feeding the speakers

Pair of 6x9 Type R in the front doors (found a pair of Type r 6" components on local sale group, thinking about replacing these and moving the 6x9 into the back)

Pair of Kappa 4x6 in the back. (Will make boxes tomorrow)

I had exhaust leaks all over the jeep when I bought it and tons of bad patches. This lead to drone and a loud exhaust that didn't fit my fancy.

Today I made a custom exhaust from the header back. (Left the header alone). The exhaust consist of a stock header (with o2) 2.5" downpipe, a 2.5" X 28" thrush glass pack, a 2.5" to 2.25" adapter, (o2 sensor not spoofed yet, and no codes), 2.5" stock muffler, turndown pipe right in front of passenger rear wheel.

The exhaust is more quiet than my friends exact same model and same year jeep. Mine also sounds a little more free flowing and spirited. I'm happy with the results, and I'm ready to finish the build with sub's this upcoming week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.