Jordon's 2015 mustang

Participant count
  • Participant list

jordon

CarAudio.com Elite
So I've bought all my equipment yesterday. Now just the waiting game. Once I get everything I will upload pics of the equipment. I'll put some pictures of the car soon.

Current equipment:

Stock electrical

Dd m80b

2 Alpine type X 10s

Incriminator audio components

Kenwood mini amp

What's going in

Fsd 2.6K Will be set to clamp between 900 - 1K at shows to stay street stock 1k.

Soundrive 12

Custom box built by stang 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 35

Js 300 amp hairpin alt

Juice box raspberry up front

Ppi 900.4

Alpine pxe-h660

Ppi and alpine dsp will probably go in first. Then the fsd once I get my alt. And the soundrive will go in last once it arrives. Juice box raspberries are on back order so it will also probably be going in same time as the sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the Big 3 (or more)!

Tuned in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif take lots of pics!

whats up with that juicebox? it looks cool but i cant find much info on it.swap that PPI900.4 for soemthing better. they dont sound that good.
Care to elaborate on why they don't sound good? I don't think I have ever heard a difference in amps. Found decent reviews on DIYMA. I am looking at buying a Polk D4000.4, which is essentially the same thing from my understanding.

i think hes talking about the car computer?
No the battery.

Care to elaborate on why they don't sound good? I don't think I have ever heard a difference in amps. Found decent reviews on DIYMA. I am looking at buying a Polk D4000.4, which is essentially the same thing from my understanding.
If installed properly shouldnt really hear to much of a difference in my opinion

Don't forget the Big 3 (or more)!
Yeah but you know I assume big 3 should be common sense lol.

Tuned in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif take lots of pics!
Plan on it, waiting on my stuff to arrive. The ppi, tech flex, speed wire 4 conductor, voltage meter, rcas and other small stuff should be here today. The sub should be here mid April as well the juice box there on backorder for the raspberries. Alt should be here next weekend. Amp and dsp should be here middle of next week. And stang hasn't given me a time line on the box yet but I'm not worried nor in a hurry being sub is still far out from arriving

Big difference swapping my ppi 900.4 out for a jl g6600 6 channel. Less output because of obvious power reasons but the tweets really came alive, music was much more lifelike, smooth, airy and sparkly in a way that the ppi could never achieve even with all the tuning in the world. The jl barely needed any tuning to sound good and when eq is flat, the jl destroys the ppi in raw SQ. Only thing is, the ppi is much louder and more efficient.

Yeah I plan on swapping out the incriminator for a nice active set in a month or two. So I wanted the power on tap. But I think my dsp should help the ppi sound good. But I'm no expert when it comes to front stages. Where I lack most of my knowledge

[quote name='jordon']Yeah I plan on swapping out the incriminator for a nice active set in a month or two. So I wanted the power on tap. But I think my dsp should help the ppi sound good. But I'm no expert when it comes to front stages. Where I lack most of my knowledge[/QUOTE]

I know @lowcel is running PPI for his SQ setup with a DSP. He may be able to shine some light on how it sounds as well?

Well if there is any issues in sq. Sure it will be within the dsp or speakers placement
unless you understand how class D works its pretty pointless to try to get someone to understand.. they can soud good, no doubt but there are issues that affter the proformance in a full range class D that must be worked out and just filtering it with capactors isnt going to do it..

as compared to the sound stream reference 4.920 the PPI sounds bad honestly..

Big difference swapping my ppi 900.4 out for a jl g6600 6 channel. Less output because of obvious power reasons but the tweets really came alive, music was much more lifelike, smooth, airy and sparkly in a way that the ppi could never achieve even with all the tuning in the world. The jl barely needed any tuning to sound good and when eq is flat, the jl destroys the ppi in raw SQ. Only thing is, the ppi is much louder and more efficient.
So we're you saying I shouldnt even install the ppi where you mentioned me? My plan was High level input into the dsp then rcas from dsp to ppi then run the ppi speaker wire to components. Can I still I use the components crossovers or will that make it more difficult? Like I said I lack alot of knowledge when it comes to tuning and dsp.

So we're you saying I shouldnt even install the ppi where you mentioned me? My plan was High level input into the dsp then rcas from dsp to ppi then run the ppi speaker wire to components. Can I still I use the components crossovers or will that make it more difficult? Like I said I lack alot of knowledge when it comes to tuning and dsp.
If you already have it, run it, just know you actually have room for more sq in the future with a higher quality amp. The PPI will get you loud though, enough to easily overpower the sub stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.