2 woofers 1 tweeter on a crossover??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
Hey all, I’m new to audio. I want to have (2) 5.25 4 ohm speakers in both front doors and one tweeter in dashboard. Can i do this? Power is coming from a rockford 1000 watt 5 channel. The rear channels are powering (2) 4x10 in rear deck. Very appreciative of any feedback.
Taylor

Hey all, I’m new to audio. I want to have (2) 5.25 4 ohm speakers in both front doors and one tweeter in dashboard. Can i do this? Power is coming from a rockford 1000 watt 5 channel. The rear channels are powering (2) 4x10 in rear deck. Very appreciative of any feedback.
Taylor
(Edit) two tweeters in dash actually. So itd be two 5.25 woofers and one tweeter per front channel on amp. Thanx again.

So I guess just run the 2 5-1/4 woofers out of the output on the crossover in parallel?? Hopefully that won’t fry the crossover or mess with the frequency.

Looks like ill be running a focal 130as component in front opening off front amp channel and ill run the 2nd 5.25 opening parallel with the rear deck 4x10s off the amps rear channel. Where can you find non coaxial 5.25 speakers separate without having to buy crossover and tweeter?

If you have passive crossovers for a 4ohm woofer and a 4ohm tweeter you can use (2) 8ohm 5.25's in parallel to create a 4ohm load and connect that to the woofer output of the passive xover. Then connect a 4ohm tweet and you're all set.

If you have passive crossovers for a 4ohm woofer and a 4ohm tweeter you can use (2) 8ohm 5.25's in parallel to create a 4ohm load and connect that to the woofer output of the passive xover. Then connect a 4ohm tweet and you're all set.
Oh sweet! That’s what I wanted to hear! Thank u very much.

As I was reading and read the 4 x 10... I said, is it a Buick Regal to myself lol. Hey, I think Qlogic still has kick panel pods for the Regal. Awesome car by the way.
Thank you! I made the mistake of mounting 2 5.25 coax in each door and while its loud, it doesn’t sound as good as I’d like.

Thank you! I made the mistake of mounting 2 5.25 coax in each door and while its loud, it doesn’t sound as good as I’d like.
I think door panels are available too for the GN. Those kick panel pods though... done right with the right speakers and that thing will be clean and loud.

OH!!!! and these!!!

I think door panels are available too for the GN. Those kick panel pods though... done right with the right speakers and that thing will be clean and loud.

OH!!!! and these!!!

For sure! I got the 6x9 adapters but found I’d have to remove my trunk torsion bars to install them. Almost did it but decided against it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.