2 woofers 1 tweeter on a crossover??

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
Hey all, I’m new to audio. I want to have (2) 5.25 4 ohm speakers in both front doors and one tweeter in dashboard. Can i do this? Power is coming from a rockford 1000 watt 5 channel. The rear channels are powering (2) 4x10 in rear deck. Very appreciative of any feedback.
Taylor

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
Hey all, I’m new to audio. I want to have (2) 5.25 4 ohm speakers in both front doors and one tweeter in dashboard. Can i do this? Power is coming from a rockford 1000 watt 5 channel. The rear channels are powering (2) 4x10 in rear deck. Very appreciative of any feedback.
Taylor
(Edit) two tweeters in dash actually. So itd be two 5.25 woofers and one tweeter per front channel on amp. Thanx again.

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
So I guess just run the 2 5-1/4 woofers out of the output on the crossover in parallel?? Hopefully that won’t fry the crossover or mess with the frequency.

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
no, you need a set, thats what a component set is. a pair of mids, a pair of tweets and a pair of crossovers

example.. https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-10-compon-speakers/c-39-525/p-5544-esotec-system-222-dynaudio-575-2-way-component-speakers.html
Okay thank you. Since i have 4 5.25 openings in my front doors. 2 per door, should i do a component and then maybe a coaxial? Or would that be too many tweeters? Just tryin to figure out how to utilize the 4 5-1/4 speaker openings and space in the dash. Thank u.

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
Looks like ill be running a focal 130as component in front opening off front amp channel and ill run the 2nd 5.25 opening parallel with the rear deck 4x10s off the amps rear channel. Where can you find non coaxial 5.25 speakers separate without having to buy crossover and tweeter?

NSTALN

Dismember
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2008
Manchester, NH
If you have passive crossovers for a 4ohm woofer and a 4ohm tweeter you can use (2) 8ohm 5.25's in parallel to create a 4ohm load and connect that to the woofer output of the passive xover. Then connect a 4ohm tweet and you're all set.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Its an 87 Grand National. Custom door panels (two 5.25 openings).
As I was reading and read the 4 x 10... I said, is it a Buick Regal to myself lol. Hey, I think Qlogic still has kick panel pods for the Regal. Awesome car by the way.

Reactions: Taylor xDx
OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
If you have passive crossovers for a 4ohm woofer and a 4ohm tweeter you can use (2) 8ohm 5.25's in parallel to create a 4ohm load and connect that to the woofer output of the passive xover. Then connect a 4ohm tweet and you're all set.
Oh sweet! That’s what I wanted to hear! Thank u very much.

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
As I was reading and read the 4 x 10... I said, is it a Buick Regal to myself lol. Hey, I think Qlogic still has kick panel pods for the Regal. Awesome car by the way.
Thank you! I made the mistake of mounting 2 5.25 coax in each door and while its loud, it doesn’t sound as good as I’d like.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Thank you! I made the mistake of mounting 2 5.25 coax in each door and while its loud, it doesn’t sound as good as I’d like.
I think door panels are available too for the GN. Those kick panel pods though... done right with the right speakers and that thing will be clean and loud.

OH!!!! and these!!!

OP
T

Taylor xDx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 10, 2019
Oregon
I think door panels are available too for the GN. Those kick panel pods though... done right with the right speakers and that thing will be clean and loud.

OH!!!! and these!!!

For sure! I got the 6x9 adapters but found I’d have to remove my trunk torsion bars to install them. Almost did it but decided against it.

Reactions: ThxOne

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds