2 ts-w3002d2 subs lost for a box

Participant count
  • Participant list

timbassett
10+ year member

i have a dual poerted box with 1.6 cubic feet on each chamber (combined chambers no devider in the port) it hits great at higher bass but when it goes to low bass lines the sound almost goes out but the subs are really pushing a large excursion they get extreamly hot to after loud and long runs and give me a really bad smell am i blowing them ? should i use a larger box sealed or ported pleas ant help from expereince will help me out

Try using longer ports. Probably you are using a port tuning of over 40-45hz, and damaging the subs when you get to lower notes. TRy tuning those to 32-34 hz and you will hear a whole load of differences.

For boxes, Many people in here can help you design for free and paying.

thanks guys any cheap prefab boxes cause i have little money and time and can anyone explain clippin in detail i think im clipping because my subs get extreamly hot and my amp stays warm and i get a crispy sub coil smell out of my port that fills the car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.