2 Subs 1 Vent ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spddracer
10+ year member

Sounds Goooooood
Ohio
Is it ok to run 2 subs with the whole box sharing the same airspace and vent ??

Or should I run them in seperate chambers ?

Whats the advantages or disadvantages either way ??

I would like to run 2 with the same box and vent , Will I loose SQ by doing this or not ???? Thx for your replies !

This is what I'm wondering now also...if I build a ported box for 2 15's and have port on the left hand side...if you put a divider down the middle the port is useless as it becomes a sealed box...so I'm guessing that running the two subs in the same airspace with the same port is going to be fine.

- Steve

I personally run subs in a common chamber ported box quite frequently. I have'nt noticed any difference audibly. I usually build a slot port right down the middle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by ramos I personally run subs in a common chamber ported box quite frequently. I have'nt noticed any difference audibly. I usually build a slot port right down the middle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sounds like what I want to do ! Hey Ramos ??? Does it really matter what subs you are using when calc airspace and tuning the box ?? So long as the woofer size is the same

Yeah it does matter. Different parameters have different effects on enclosure size. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

spddracer, ur truck is an x-cab? u losing the back seat? if not, port ur box to one side or the other so it "bounces" the sound off the door. in theory, this should help u gain some db. my subs share same enclosure and the port "loads" up on the drivers side door. the only issue that i have found, and it could be a good thing, is when i have both drivers side doors closed, windows as well, and open the passanger front door.......BOOM! does she ever unload! not for sure of what i gain when it happens, but it's definitely noticable.

of course if ur losing the bckseat..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif my suggestion may not be the best option

Originally posted by mrray13 spddracer, ur truck is an x-cab? u losing the back seat? if not, port ur box to one side or the other so it "bounces" the sound off the door. in theory, this should help u gain some db. my subs share same enclosure and the port "loads" up on the drivers side door. the only issue that i have found, and it could be a good thing, is when i have both drivers side doors closed, windows as well, and open the passanger front door.......BOOM! does she ever unload! not for sure of what i gain when it happens, but it's definitely noticable.

of course if ur losing the bckseat..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif my suggestion may not be the best option
I wish I had that much room !! Ya I have noticed that facing them (sealed) to the side really makes a big diff in spl , But when I port them doesnt seem to matter that much , I have everything in my truck out right now , Deadnend everything and am startiing my design for my box , Back seat is no more !!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.