2 questions......

Participant count
  • Participant list

adio
5,000+ posts

THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
Ok guys looking for alittle more bandwith here than what i currently have..... 2 10's tuned to 28hz or 2 12s sealed in 1.25 cubes each (may share a chamber)????? Powered by a crescendo s1500.1...... current situation= 1 12" obsidian in a 2.25 cu ft tuned to 32hz. Seems peaky from 45-55hz (like a big hump) then gets real quiet in the mid to upper 60s. Its so-so in the low 30s/upper 20s.....

part 2 is why do some companies makes subs with rubber surrounds vs foam surrounds? is there an audible difference between the 2?

........ Thanks

28hz is not gonna do you any favors mid to upper 60s at all. Your 20hz range and 30hz range will improve a lot.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif well.... is the 2 12s sealed the answer? or is there another path?

So your obsidian doesn't play loud and low tuned to 32hz?I know you said it dies off above 60hz
it does OK down there. on a scale from 0 -10 i would give it a 6 when it gets to the low 30's upper 20s

I'd say a single SSA Xcon 10 in a T line enclosure should get louder and have way more bandwidth than your 12. 22hz to 80hz easy
what would be the outside dimensions for a box that size and why the Xcon?

Check the subsonic and lowpass filters in the amp. Ssf should be 20Hz and lpf 80Hz. If that doesn't help smooth out some of the response have the box specs checked if that checks out good try pulling the box out of the car and listening to it, it might be really strong cabin gain that needs to be eq'd out.

Check the subsonic and lowpass filters in the amp. Ssf should be 20Hz and lpf 80Hz. If that doesn't help smooth out some of the response have the box specs checked if that checks out good try pulling the box out of the car and listening to it, it might be really strong cabin gain that needs to be eq'd out.
subsonic is on 15hz ( i think) and lpf is at 100hz. it might need eq'd too but my mind is starting to adjust to it. but still........

man i miss my little 8" tang bands and my jbl1200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.