Which Subs???

Ffej

Picked an amp, now I need advice on subs. Thanks in advance.

Number of subs preferred: 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12"

Budget: $500ish

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Hertz HDP-1 Mono 1,000 watts @ 2 ohms

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 4'x4'x3'

Goals: low Hz, clean, hard hitting bass

Listening habits: bass head -- Techmaster PEB, Bass 305, Bassnectar, etc.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: under the impression I need 4 ohm if I use svc's

found a formula that recommends a pair of 333 (min.) to 666 (max) watt subs for this amp-guessing 500 watts is ideal-accurate?

Stereo Integrity has an hst12mkll, only needs about .6cuft sealed, it will be below you budget. They now use the zv5 motor on the hstmkll subs, so it has crazy motor force and mine gets down in 4.25cuft sealed. It may not be as loud as the MT it replaced, but it does give it a run for its money on the lows, I believe it plays them better.

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 4'x4'x3'
What vehicle is this? That's larger than my box which is a B-pillar wall.

Also IMO you'd get more mileage out of a single 500$ 18" than a pair of 250$ 12s particularly if you're only going to be running 1000W.

Not a tremendous amount of Power available for 2 15's of higher handling (If you're talking x15's). Sa-15's maybe but the manufacturer recommended on the new ones is 750. He might has the amp to Power one nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.