2 questions. 2002 FORD EXPLORER

Probably by the pedals. That way it'll be close to the side panels. Your battery might be on the passenger side if its the same as an expedition, but it'll still be easier to get over that way if you route it in the engine compartment.

Run the RCAs on the other side, or down the middle some way.

i wish i had a newer nicer vehicle like you to work with. i just pulled my truck apart and everything was str8 disgusting so i had to clean the frick out of it. and i mean str8 flukn pine sol puddle mixed with some awesome cleaner and oxy'd the shiilt outa my carpet cause it had mold and enough sand in it to fill up a gold fish tank after i beat it all out and cleaned it. but yea through the firewall would be a good place. easy access dude

Probably by the pedals. That way it'll be close to the side panels. Your battery might be on the passenger side if its the same as an expedition, but it'll still be easier to get over that way if you route it in the engine compartment.
Run the RCAs on the other side, or down the middle some way.

the battery is on the drivers side.

I'm doing the very same thing, right now, on the same model & year explorer. Anyone have pics of where they took their power wire through the firewall?

1/0 wont fit in my raceway of the explo.....
Sorry, just ran 1/0 in the wiring channel of my '02 explorer, today. It WILL fit.
image037z.jpg

image035s.jpg

image034.jpg

As you can see in my pics posted above, the grommet is visible behind the brake boost cylidar. On the inside, it will be behind a perforated rectangle of vinyl covered padding. It sits just to the left of the brake pedal. Just use a knife to cut along the perforated line, and pull it aside. The factory grommet is oval, and more plastic, than rubber.

You will need to measure what size wire diamter you're running, and cut the hole size accordingly, THROUGH THE FACTORY GROMMET. It's thin, and stiff. After you cut through it, you'll see the edge that is left will leave a pretty sharp edge. I prefer to use an aftermarket plastic firewall grommet, so you don't risk your firewall (or factory seal/grommet) rubbing through your wire insulation. Again, refer to my above pics. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Your wire should then feed right to the factory wire channel without any trouble, or interference.

i just ended up drilling a hole big enough for the 1/0 right below the hood latch cable, turned out to be a really good spot. Also, ran the 1/0 thru the wiring channel like yours, it worked perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.