2 ohm subwoofer to a 1 ohm amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Can I wire a single 2ohm subwoofer to a ohm stable amp? My sub is 1000 rms and the amp im looking at is 1300 @ 1 ohm and 650 @ 2 ohm so I would want to wire it to 1 ohm.
Thoughs specs sound fishy, what amp do you have?

Yes you can connect a single 2ohm sub to the amplifier, just as long as you dont go LOWER then its minimum impedance. Meaning less then 1ohm in your case.

Thoughs specs sound fishy, what amp do you have?
Yes you can connect a single 2ohm sub to the amplifier, just as long as you dont go LOWER then its minimum impedance. Meaning less then 1ohm in your case.
I just bought a sq HDs310 and im thinking of buying the TS1.3KW someone is selling on this forum.

I just bought a sq HDs310 and im thinking of buying the TS1.3KW someone is selling on this forum.
Okay well that sub dosnt come in single coils, there either dual 2 or dual 4. Im betting there d2 which means you would run the sub at 1ohm or 4ohms, that amp would go great with it at 1ohm.

Okay well that sub dosnt come in single coils, there either dual 2 or dual 4. Im betting there d2 which means you would run the sub at 1ohm or 4ohms, that amp would go great with it at 1ohm.
I watched this video but I dont really trust them...

Would this mess up my sub if I do this?

Nope thats how its done! Sonic is a good site, there tech videos are legit.
Awesome, so the amp would push this sub perfectly correct? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sorta new at car audio so I don't want to pull the trigger on something that wont push the sub to it's full potential.

[quote name='eptic269']Awesome, so the amp would push this sub perfectly correct? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sorta new at car audio so I don't want to pull the trigger on something that wont push the sub to it's full potential.[/QUOTE]

It would be a good match yes, the sub could take a but more power but for the price hes asking ide pair them up. It will deff sound good and get loud.

Do you have a box yet? I highly recommend you hit up @CSCStang he builds dope boxes at super cheap prices. His boxes are in both my trucks.

[quote name='JoshC']It would be a good match yes, the sub could take a but more power but for the price hes asking ide pair them up. It will deff sound good and get loud.

Do you have a box yet? I highly recommend you hit up @CSCStang he builds dope boxes at super cheap prices. His boxes are in both my trucks.[/QUOTE]

Perfect thanks for the help! Yeah I've gotten in contact with him already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.