2 month old Alpine Type R...blown

probably..... not looking at the wiring, the sub alone looks like it was put in the wrong box, and now needs a new spider. also, it will not play, or complete a circuit with the spider ripped there, because the tinsel is separated at the cone. i vote for troll. i would also believe that wiring, and possibly the damage, if a shop plugged that into a wall socket for field destroy. i can also believe that he put the thing on the counter, then went to get a camera, and his buddy was dinking with the wires before he took a pic

well ive responded twice now and everytime it says that a moderator needs to approve my comments...nothing has shown up so far...it did play for about 2 months before it popped. I was driving down the road and it just finally quit on me. the sub did have a quite a bit of excursion to be honest with you. I would notice the cone was warm sometimes after playing it. I know i destroyed it by messing up the wiring. thats how it was the whole time, i took the one showing the other wires to show you guys when the diagram i had drawn up wouldnt work correctly

i still find it hard to believe that a type-r vc can be that off-set that it would allow it to play. imp rise would be through the roof....like 20ohms...... which could also save the amp, lol. if it had that much excursion, the box would be horribly wrong. i'm going to go out on a limb, and get all "way out there" like a stoner, and say that it could be possible, that it would not play, as what would happen wired like that, but passed enough current that the inner winding reached a point that the insulation cooked off and shorted the inner coil enough that it did not hinder the other coil too much, then, played off that one coil, with low em efficiency....... said overload, could have also heated up the tinsels, and thus taxing the spider. the box can also be an over-sized pre-fab, or just over-sized, or tuned wrong...... still coming back to troll theory....

Well i hope nothing happened to the amp, that would really **** hard...the box is nothing. its a small sealed box that i made that looks like doo doo. about 2 years ago i couldnt afford to buy one so i made this pos...o and that cotton was not in there, it was laying in another box for a 10" that i have which is now back in my car.

0316111015.jpg

There's too many stories like this. Look at the user reviews for Alpine's subs (SWE 1243) on Crutchfield's site. I had ordered two but cancelled the order and stayed with the Kickers. I don't know **** you did to those subs. It's a stinking 750 amp. I'm scared of Alpine subs.

well i didnt have it turned up too high, it was just completely f*cked up wiring, they can handle "300-600 watts RMS." I thought the whole time it was on a 4ohm load not whatever the hell it was on.

There's too many stories like this. Look at the user reviews for Alpine's subs (SWE 1243) on Crutchfield's site. I had ordered two but cancelled the order and stayed with the Kickers. I don't know **** you did to those subs. It's a stinking 750 amp. I'm scared of Alpine subs.
Those would be Alpine Type E's brah...

well, i can tell you it was wired to 4ohm, if it was dual 2 ohm coils, or it was wired to 8ohm, if it was d4 coils. either way, the 2 coils fighting each-other would have spiked the resistance way up anyways. only problem i've had with the type-r is a split magnet...... still don't know how i am going to do an allignment without botching the cone..... i may be able to just get it back in the original place...... anyways, what was your experience with when you first hooked it up like that? did it not put out at first?

i have no idea what it was wired to, in terms of resistance. It hit great the way it was hooked up, or atleast what i thought was great. i really i wish i could have heard it with it wired up the way it should have been wired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.