2 month old Alpine Type R...blown

I had seen some R's at a local pawn shop a few days ago. They were older models but when I touched the spiders, the mad a nasty cracking/tearing sound like they were very dry. It may be a defect with what ever they are made out of....

I've run Type R's in the past and those things are beasts, they will survive quite a beating. Anytime I hear about one being blown it's usually user error. I too am dumbfounded as to how the woofer even played when you had it wired like that...You have the coils in series but with reverse polarity, did it sound like ass?

DSC00436.jpg
o.m.g.

Shoulda had a V8

it said, ??? WIRE ME ******G RIGHT!
you seriously make me lose IQ points kid...

And OP, everyone makes mistakes, learn from it and move on. Any questions, please search here or ask questions here. Good Luck man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

you seriously make me lose IQ points kid...

And OP, everyone makes mistakes, learn from it and move on. Any questions, please search here or ask questions here. Good Luck man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
But see.. the problem is.. I dont see how it did ANYTHING.. incuding play, heat up, tear the spider.. anything at all.... a + and a - to to +s doesnt make a circuit... so I think the whole thing is BS..

it was running reverse polarity on one coil in series with the other, the second positive became a negative, so the coils were acting against each other, one was pushing out when the other was pushing in, it would work. mot that difficult, electricity flows neg to positive but we will think in reverse since he did it in reverse. sp imagine the + wire all the way to the right is the pos of the amp, it then runs through that coil and out the negative, now normally to run series you would jump over to the positive of the coil but instead he jumped over to the negative of the coil and out the positive back to the negative of the amp groinding out the voltage. so now he has one coil in reverse polarity and one in normal.

But see.. the problem is.. I dont see how it did ANYTHING.. incuding play, heat up, tear the spider.. anything at all.... a + and a - to to +s doesnt make a circuit... so I think the whole thing is BS..
does make a circuit he has voltage running through all coils making a circuit how it normally would at the amp. except he wired the second coil in reverse

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.