2 enclosures sharing a port...

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'm not quite sure i understand why you just wouldn't put the subs in teh same box. you can safely double the volume, port area and port length to maintain the same tuning. but it would almost seem like more work making two boxes and connecting the ports than it would to make a single box with one large port.

rochester in the house! welcome to the site. i'm not really sure what you mean by two enclosures sharing a port.... all i can imagine by this ? is seing two subs on each end of a box, with the port directly in the middle. like screwing two single 12 boxes tuned to 35hz together by their ports.

the way i am seing it, there is no difference than making a regular ported box for two subs

ok i guess i worded that wrong, what i meant by 2 enclosures was one big enclosure with a divider so each sub had its own. i dont plan on doin this but i was just curious as to if you would have to double the volume or half it or what and what the results would be like on the spl meter.

Each chamber would have the correct volume per sub, and I believe that the distance from the back wall and the port would be havled per side from the diameter of the port. Hopefully that makes sense. As far as pros/cons, I haven't had any experience with it.

dam...i forgot to attach the link and now i don't know where the thread is...

essentially, you have a slot port in the center of the 2 subs. say that the port is 4" wide and 30" long. the port would extend toward the back of the box and stop 2" from the back instead of the normal 4" and the splits off, 2" wide, into each chamber. when doing this you should add a small triangular piece in the rear center of the port to help prevent the air just going from one chamber to the other.

not sure if it's what you meanin' but it's what i'm thinkin' your meanin'.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.