2 Different Subs in one box..any amp suggestions?

Mguaspari

1 12" alpine 1500w max Type-R sub woofer

1 12" Rockford fosgate 900w max p2 sub woofer

dual sealed 12" MDF enclosure

I know nothing about car audio, I'm worried I won't pick an appropriate amp for 2 different subs... any suggestions? I wanna know what kind of amp would be best, good enough, and what i should stay away from. THANKS!

Troll thread is troll. Also I feed the troll //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Get rid of one of the subs and buy a matching one. Running 2 different subs is a horrible idea. It is quite possible the voice coils are not he same impedance, not to mention the fact that it will sound like crap.

Mismatching subs in the same environment will cause cancellation. I have done it, and as sad as it is have heard quite a few setups with non matching subs. Honestly, none sounded TERRIBLE. I am sure if they were matching subs they would sound better, but with that taken into consideration I have heard loud mismatched subs. I wouldnt recommend it, but its possible. As far as amp suggestions I also suggest either running one of those subs or selling one and buy a matching one and then we'll work on the amp situation.

If i WERE to get an amp, would it have to be mono channel or what? Also if worst comes to worst and it sounds like total ****, is there a way to use 1 main sub and use the the other at a much lower power or frequency or something?

Troll thread is troll. Also I feed the troll //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
You'd be amazed at how many folks try to run different subs. Hell I've even seen folks use different coaxials in each door.

OP, everyone here is going to recommend that you run two of the same subs.

I realize it's not recommended, but I'm stubborn and willing to give it a try. I just want to find out what kind of amp would be able to power these without blowing one or the other out etc. I'm planning on getting an amp and trying it out and if it sounds like total **** i'll just replace one of the subs

Just a model number would give us all we need to know. If this is real im sorry. You must admit 1 post with this question seemed like troll...

if he is running two dif subs and doesnt care then oh well. His best bet from there would be to get a two channel amp. run each sub on and idependant channel.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.