2 DD 2510's vs 2 Sundown SaV2 10

TexasBullyKennel

CarAudio.com Newbie
dallas
Hello all!

I just bought a new RAM 1500 crew cab and wanted to put a couple subs in it under the back seat. I purchased a ported box that was recomended by 2 local installers created by Fox Acoustics.
I now am debating between the DD 2510's or Sundown SaV2 10's. Powered by a JL audio HD750/1
I'm a JL enthusiast but only the W7 and I don't have the airspace for that. I've had 2 12w7's in an avalanche. 13.5 in BMW 5 series. 1 10w7 in Cadillac Escalade. So I like a lot of sound.

I want this mf'r to rock and I know it prolly won't be what i'm used too but i want to get as close as possible.

I know with limited airspace and different subs I'm comparing apples to oranges but I'm looking for any experienced feedback on either option or both.

Thanks for any help given!

Link the fox box you bought or are looking at. I did a quick check on 2019 and up crew caB and the sealed option is .6 cu ft per sub. And the vented is 2.0 Cu ft total. Both are stated without clarification if that includes sub displacement. All that said, the list of recommended subs is kinda lower power handling compared to those subs.

the sa10v2 asks for
Sealed Enclosure0.5 cu ft
Ported Enclosure1.0 cu ft

sealed May work if it will fit in the box. Ported probably won’t be right and it’s down firing.

Link the fox box you bought or are looking at. I did a quick check on 2019 and up crew caB and the sealed option is .6 cu ft per sub. And the vented is 2.0 Cu ft total. Both are stated without clarification if that includes sub displacement. All that said, the list of recommended subs is kinda lower power handling compared to those subs.

the sa10v2 asks for

I think you have the right one. 2.1 cubit feet at 34hz is what its described at and for that reason i was leaning more towards the sundown.

the sa10v2 asks for

Do you know the mounting depth of the SaV2 10' ?? It doesnt state it on Sundowns website w the other specs

IMO, that’s not near enough power for Sundown SA’s. Do you plan on upgrading your amp later?

I can immediately upgrade it if i want. That amp may be advertised as a 750/1 but I think it Is more like a 1000/1
I do also have an older JL audio 1000/1 amp in my garage. It’s a lil beat up but still works great.

That would be good for one SA but not 2. Also, the problem with those fox boxes is the port is tiny so you will get a lot of port noise and I know he advertises 34 hz but I just don’t see that (it’s going to be in the 40’s I think).

That would be good for one SA but not 2. Also, the problem with those fox boxes is the port is tiny so you will get a lot of port noise and I know he advertises 34 hz but I just don’t see that (it’s going to be in the 40’s I think).

I agree, port size is a concern but I’m hoping he’s not bs’ing to sell his products. I literally had 2 different installers say they really like em. They both know i do my homework too and am a hard sell. I pretty much know what i want and that’s what I’ve always paid for. I’m in new waters now and am kinda lost. W7’s are easy.. always sound good imo. But I’ve always had a bed, trunk or suv to provide necessary airspace. This truck (under the back seat) is new to me. Idk why but started this journey interested in trying out DD but i always hear people praising sundown and thought I’d explore that.

Sundown is great. I’d lean towards E’s on that power though. DD is also great but it looks like they like bigger boxes. The Alpine Type S on that power would work too. Check out the SSA Demons too. JL W0’s and W’1s but pricey for the name

Just checked out SA amps and they have the SFB-2000 for a reasonable price. If the power rating is true then i will just get that. But again out of my element and you can correct me if I’m wrong.

Your biggest issue will be the roll off of the factory EQ. I have a '13 ram with the fox box and 2 custom 10s. It's on a Wolfram 1500.1 and hits pretty good. But had the 8.4 uconnect radio and it ****** for the lower notes. I switched out for a cheap pioneer and it was a world of difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.