2 DD 2510's vs 2 Sundown SaV2 10

What would you choose over the SA 10 Classic for his setup?
And you would recommend what?
Just off the top of my head SSA GCON10. They excell in smaller ported applications (which is the TC's scenario). Similiar motor force to the SA but more tight/accurate and much better in the upper portion that often gets neglected (50-80hz range).

SA isn't bad at all but you specifically said you like the sound of the W7 and the Gcon would be closer to that type of sound

Last edited:
I like that GCON recommendation. I’d choose SSA all day as well.

If you’re going to drop all this money on upgrading your amp, subs, etc, you should really upgrade your front stage.

It seemed like it took forever for my box to arrive but I’ve finally got everything installed and wanted to provide feedback.

Front stage: factory Harmon Kardon 900watt 19 speaker setup minus the factory sun so 18 speakers.

Rear: fox acoustics ported box
2 sundown sa classic 10’s
Sundown 2000.1 sfb amp
LC2i

didn’t use the Fix82 I have which I’m now going to sell

in comparison to the JL W7’s I’m used too these do not pack the umph that the single w7 10’ did in my Escalade. However, they’re are tighter and crisper w a broader range of notes. Overallpretty happy but wouldn’t mind a tad bit more output. Surprisingly the sound quality is phenomenal

wouldn’t mind a tad bit more output.

In my exp with Sa series lack of airspace and port will get you to where you are. Utilizing a Foxacoustics Ram box that has tiny ports coupled with poor airspace underseat?.. it's a recipe for lack of extension and output.

You were better off grabbing a set of P3 shallows using that box imo.

In my exp with Sa series lack of airspace and port will get you to where you are. Utilizing a Foxacoustics Ram box that has tiny ports coupled with poor airspace underseat?.. it's a recipe for lack of extension and output.

You were better off grabbing a set of P3 shallows using that box imo.

it’s built to spec at 1 cubic ft per sub which is what sundown calls for.

If I’m looking at the right box specs, it says 2.1 total so after displacement you’re actually under 1 cube each and I’m not sure his calculations remove the port area from the overall area. But again, that port area is just too small.

A cheap sub in a proper box will outperform a great sub in a bad/mediocre box.

I know this is old but just wanted to give my input, I’m intrigued that the S.A.-10 is tighter and more accurate than the w7 good to know. Also I would’ve suggested the DD 1000 series subs with that little bit of power you have, and the 1000 series is a really balanced sub and not as peaky as the 2500 series. I have the 2000 series 10s and they can take 2400 watts no sweat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.