2 channel amps? Whats the point!

you normally dont need to touch the EQ at all with a proper head unit with proper 24/28/31 bit DACs. Most of the sub par under 120 dollar head units have 12 or 16 bit DACs which are awful, you'll never be happy with the sound and will continually try to EQ it.
For my prs man, all I need to do is raise or lower volume after everything's set for daily listening. Never needed to change the EQ while driving. Signal processing does wonders for sound quality thats why your reciever sounds better than any head unit you've tried its because of the processing power. Put in a dedicated Digital Signal Processor like a JBL MS8 or audison bit one and get it dialed in and they will easily surpass anything you can ever imagine.

If your family wanted EQ buttons then they should have just stuck with stock head units or non touch screen double dins.
You're telling me that your EQ is totally flat? Did you run auto EQ? If so, why?

Guess what that DSP is doing; EQ. One of the many features.

I'm trying to look for a small 2 channel for my tweeters because I'm planning to go active 3 way. I already have a SQ Q4-120 amp that I'm gonna use for my 6.5's and planning to buy 8's soon. Should I buy the Alpine KTP-445U 4 ch power pack? 45x4 @ 4 ohm. You know anything else that has a small footprint for a decent price?
how small of a footprint and does it need passband crossovers too?

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

You're telling me that your EQ is totally flat? Did you run auto EQ? If so, why?
Guess what that DSP is doing; EQ. One of the many features.
I'm saying after its dialed in properly I dont need to touch it vs this guy trying to EQ while driving.

how small of a footprint and does it need passband crossovers too?
It just can't be overly huge because I already have so many things to mount, space is getting limited. I'm gonna run everything through my PXA-h800 so I'm not gonna use the amp crossovers. Full range is fine. Alpine power pack looks the most attractive in footprint but if it's gonna be hidden behind the headunit then I can't control the gains.. IDK what I should do. I'm open to ideas

It just can't be overly huge because I already have so many things to mount, space is getting limited. I'm gonna run everything through my PXA-h800 so I'm not gonna use the amp crossovers. Full range is fine. Alpine power pack looks the most attractive in footprint but if it's gonna be hidden behind the headunit then I can't control the gains.. IDK what I should do. I'm open to ideas
these are pretty small and pack a punch, big as one and a half CDs if you dont want to go behind the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.