Do I need 2 Amps or 1 5-channel amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

connerprince

CarAudio.com Newbie
Irvine
I am looking at getting new speakers for my car as well as a sub. The Sub I am looking at is around 5-800RMS. I am also looking at running an amp to my 4 speakers, possibly getting new speakers or sticking with factory speakers. Should I run an amp for the speakers and a separate one for the sub or one 5 channel amp. If one 5 channel any recs?

What is your Max budget for a 5 ch amplifier? Not a whole lot to choose from for a 1k substage on a 5 ch with maybe 75x4 for a reasonable price that Ive come across.

What is your Max budget for a 5 ch amplifier? Not a whole lot to choose from for a 1k substage on a 5 ch with maybe 75x4 for a reasonable price that Ive come across.
Trying to spend around 1-1400 on whole setup. was looking at Rockford fosgate 5ch amp with a p2 sub

Trying to spend around 1-1400 on whole setup. was looking at Rockford fosgate 5ch amp with a p2 sub
Fairly realistic budget if doing the work yourself. Rockford is a little expensive for what you can get with others for the money. id look at a decent 5-600 rms 10" sub and get a properly tuned enclosure. GP Audio has the Glue and Screw enclosures that I really like and reasonably priced/great quality. Polk Audio make some really nice 6.5 coax and component speakers for the money.Several options for a great10" sub that will fill that cabin very nicely.Keeping the Existing HU.. deff going to need to look at getting an LOC put in. May need to get the Big3 done and a larger battery depending on your existing electrical output and the additions being made. Which 5 ch RF amp?

Example of a decent entry/ mild system for the small SUV you have that I found for the money. Surely there are some Black friday Sales going on that other more expesive gear may beon sale that youhave hadyour eye on to save some money.

You may look at LOCs to choose the one that fits your budget. Others out there a bit more expensive with Bells and Whistles and DSP options as well for the Audio Enthus.

Just some packages to look at. My Nephew has this on a CT Sounds CT 1k in his truck and its doing very nice
This would be a nice addition

$229
Pros: Does rated power
Cons: Its long. Hard to find a spot to mount it

You should just send me that ED Nine.5. I'll take good care of it....lol

I do not have experience with the M165. But all of the reviews I have seen says it does more than rated power.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Man. Its a great amp for sure.. She takes up some space, Hard to let this one go..I sold my other one on here couple years ago. Sure should have kept it.
Ill prob.Pick up one of those Avatar 5 ch amps next year/or if it goes on sale ? I wouldnt mind trying it out and to see how clean the front chs. will do.

You should just send me that ED Nine.5. I'll take good care of it....lol

I do not have experience with the M165. But all of the reviews I have seen says it does more than rated power.
I have a Nine 1 i need to fix to pair along with the Nine5 on substage that would be awesome I think. The Nine 2 I Bought from an individual I got ripped on. Ill have to redo the board back close to its original or upgraded stage/Caps ect

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Man. Its a great amp for sure.. She takes up some space, Hard to let this one go..I sold my other one on here couple years ago. Sure should have kept it.
Ill prob.Pick up one of those Avatar 5 ch amps next year/or if it goes on sale ? I wouldnt mind trying it out and to see how clean the front chs. will do.

I am watching for Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales like a hawk. But doesn't seem like there is much in the way of audio for any sales this year.

I have a Nine 1 i need to fix to pair along with the Nine5 on substage that would be awesome I think. The Nine 2 I Bought from an individual I got ripped on. Ill have to redo the board back close to its original or upgraded stage/Caps ect

That Nine.1 is a beast. Does over rated power at 12v. I'd like to see one on the dyno at 14.4v to see what it actually puts out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...