2 Batteries <-- HO ALT or Isolator?

kumanan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
2 Batteries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got two gelpack batteries and my stock alternator isnt charging it properly anymore. Should i replace the stock alternator with another stock one and get an ISOLATOR which charges one battery at a time i believe. or should i get a HO alternator? would the first option with the isolator solve the problem of my batteries not being charged ( both batteries are gel pack btw)

the only reason i dont wanna get a HO alternator is cuz its like $450.

My car has 2 gel pack batteries and a 70amp stock alternator. It charges both batteries at the same time which is why the alternator is burning out. If i have an isolator will it charge one battery at a time opposed to raping the alternator and charging both at the same time ?

the only reason i dont wanna get a HO alternator is cuz its like $450.
My car has 2 gel pack batteries and a 70amp stock alternator. It charges both batteries at the same time which is why the alternator is burning out. If i have an isolator will it charge one battery at a time opposed to raping the alternator and charging both at the same time ?
an isolator still charges both battery's at the same time, just ur system only drains from one battery not from both. That way both ur battery's wont die at the same time and u get stranded. It's still better to get a Alt.

dammnnnnn $500... there has to be some other way... let me explain hwo this problem came up.

I drive to school from toronto which is about 50 km and to come bac k its another 50km. When im driving for 50km, the alternator charges my battery prety well because of the high RPM. However, now i got a place next to my school so it takes me 5 minutes to get to school (not enough time for my alternator to charge my battery) so when i go home at night from school, my car doesnt start up because the batteries are dead.... see the problem?

im running two orbital gel packs.... and why do you say what he said is false?
He's saying its false, because u don't have to have a isolator everytime u run more then one battery. Even though Relax thinks u do.

Just **** it up and find some way to get a better alt, or learn to not play ur music so loud (draining all that power). Best bet would be to look for a local shop that would build one for u. I searched everywhere online, best price I found was $350 for a 175alt for my car, had a local place build a 140amp for $200. So do alot of shopping im pretty sure u can easily get a good alt for under $400

its not that i play music loud. I have a 06 L7, arc audio amp, clarion speaker amp, 8 tv's, 2 air ride compressors, a Car PC, usb hub, wifi, inverter for the usb hub, pioneer deck, mobile iq gps, compustar alarm. so one of these is draining my battery when its off... because i cant start it unless i drive really far and my alt has enough time to charge

option a

alt (id do it) but even if you get a 500 amp alt, your bats will still die because something is draining them when the car is off.

option 2

wire EVERYTHING aftermarket to the second batt and get an isolator.

then you can drain that second battery while the first maintains a full charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.