FINALLY! Equipment purchased, need help with installation.

06dmax00camss
10+ year member

There are only 2 sets of outputs for subs on the 1000/1, how will my (3) 10W3V3s be connected?

Do I need any other fuses any where in the wiring besides the 300A ANL fuse within 18 inches of the positive battery terminal?

Both the Focal components and coaxles have spaces for connectors. However, the positive terminal is twice the size of the negative. How will connections be made with 2 different size spades? 2 different size space connectors?

The crossovers have 2 switches, one with 2 settings (6db/full) and the other with 3 settings (0, -3, -6). What do my settings need to be?

The Kicker 1/0 awg. kit came with 16 awg. remote wire, but there won't be enough for the speakers. What do you recommend on size for the speakers?

What will the settings need to be set at on both my 300/4 and 1000/1 with the speakers that I'll be using? I've listed the links to the diagrams on the amps. The components have 75W nominal power and the coaxes have 60W.

Should I use (3) 2 channel RCAs or (1) 2 channel and (1) 4 channel?

Should I spread out the subs evenly in the box, to one side, etc.? What's the best way to set them in the box behind the rear seat of a crew cab Silverado?

My truck has 2 batteries in it because its a diesel. Will that be plenty or should I another or upgrade the batteries that are already in there? Both amps are still the factory/original batteries both with 770 cold cranking amps.

Do I need to upgrade my battery's ground wire that I will be connecting the power wire to?

Link for diagrams:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps_lineart.php?amp_id=221

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps_lineart.php?amp_id=254

There are only 2 sets of outputs for subs on the 1000/1, how will my (3) 10W3V3s be connected?
However you need to wire them to obtain the desired ohm load.

Do I need any other fuses any where in the wiring besides the 300A ANL fuse within 18 inches of the positive battery terminal?

If the amps have fuses, then no.

Both the Focal components and coaxles have spaces for connectors. However, the positive terminal is twice the size of the negative. How will connections be made with 2 different size spades? 2 different size space connectors?

No need for different sized connectors. just slide the negative on to one side such that one of the prongs on the connector grabs

The crossovers have 2 switches, one with 2 settings (6db/full) and the other with 3 settings (0, -3, -6). What do my settings need to be?

Whatever sounds good to you, try playing with each

The Kicker 1/0 awg. kit came with 16 awg. remote wire, but there won't be enough for the speakers. What do you recommend on size for the speakers?

Take a look at the wire guide in the electrical section for size determination

Should I use (3) 2 channel RCAs or (1) 2 channel and (1) 4 channel?

Doesn't matter as long as the end result is enough RCA's

Should I spread out the subs evenly in the box, to one side, etc.? What's the best way to set them in the box behind the rear seat of a crew cab Silverado?

If its sealed, space them out evenly for aesthetics. Ported, closest to the port opening.

My truck has 2 batteries in it because its a diesel. Will that be plenty or should I another or upgrade the batteries that are already in there? Both amps are still the factory/original batteries both with 770 cold cranking amps.

Should be golden.

Do I need to upgrade my battery's ground wire that I will be connecting the power wire to?

Yes, upgrade it to 1/0

I bought the 10W3V3-8 version because this was recommended to me since I was doing 3.

How do I know if the amps have fuses? No where on the amps can I physically see a spot for fuses.

Not sure I follow what you said that I don't need to use different size connectors.

What's aesthetics? It will be sealed.

Upgrade my battery's ground wire with 1/0 awg.? I believe JL Audio recommended 4 awg., but I guess stated that if you're using only 1 amp. They didn't specify though.

The Focal 165V2S has 75W nominal power. The Focal 130CV1 have 60W nominal power. The suggested rms power for optimum performance on the 10W3V3s is 300W. I'm using a 1000/1 on the 3 subs and a 300/4 on the fronts/rears.

I bought the 10W3V3-8 version because this was recommended to me since I was doing 3.
to wire your subs, go to, and go to 3 subs

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=160

How do I know if the amps have fuses? No where on the amps can I physically see a spot for fuses.

just fuse them to be safe, better safe than sorry

Not sure I follow what you said that I don't need to use different size connectors.

just use whatever focal packs for you, or just run some speaker wire from the speaker terminal to the crossover (for the comps) or to the amp (for the coax)

What's aesthetics? It will be sealed.

aesthetics is looks, apperance

Upgrade my battery's ground wire with 1/0 awg.? I believe JL Audio recommended 4 awg., but I guess stated that if you're using only 1 amp. They didn't specify though.

Just use 1/0 awg for everything, then distro to 4, they reccomend 4awg to the amp

The Focal 165V2S has 75W nominal power. The Focal 130CV1 have 60W nominal power. The suggested rms power for optimum performance on the 10W3V3s is 300W. I'm using a 1000/1 on the 3 subs and a 300/4 on the fronts/rears.

the power you have will be fine
any more questions?

I'll probably have someone build it for me since I don't have the wood working tools to build it myself.

Yes, its a crew cab Silverado 2500HD.

What about all the controls/settings on the back of the amps. Where will they need to be set?

What about all the controls/settings on the back of the amps. Where will they need to be set?
okay, dont crank the gains... for the 300/4 just set the highpass to around 80hz

for the 1000/1 set the lowpass around 80hz, this way, you send all the lower freq to ur subs, and the higher freq to the speakers.

there's a gain tutorial on this site, check the amplifier section (if i remember correctly) also you can go to jl's site and it'll show u how to properly set the gains, get a dmm, it'll be helpful. you dont need the bass knob for the amp, its useless, and it'll damage ur subs if done incorrectly, so dont even worry about it. as for the infrasonic, since you're going sealed, you dont need to worry about it, u could just set it on and put it at 20hz if you like, since humans cant hear anything below 20hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.