2 alpine type R 10" box

Why not?
That box face is 32in long......you could put 3 10s in it if you want
That box doesn't have enough airspace for two type R's ported. Sure they would fit, just probably wouldn't sound very good.

That box doesn't have enough airspace for two type R's ported. Sure they would fit, just probably wouldn't sound very good.
Says who?

That box is 2.5cu

How much airspace you think a 10" needs?, the optimum vented box specs by Alpine is 1cu

I ran 2 12s in 1.5cu a piece, sounded great

BJFISH recommended a net of 3 cubic feet. What will that sound like compared to 2.5 cubic feet or even 2 cubic feet.

What will a port design tuned to 30 hz sound like compared to one tuned to 34 hz?

A bigger box tends to have a flatter response, but the larger you go the less power the sub can mechanically handle.

The 30hz box will have a lower peak than the 34 hz box. Unless you play nothing but lows, I'd tune a little higher than 30.

i am with skip this design will work for those 10's cause i have them in a similair size box in my wife's concord an they wang on 1200watts. hell i put 2 15's in a 4 cube box all day and it wangs. don't really understand the big boxes for 10's or whatever but do what you will man. don't ask for help then question the helper like its not gonna work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.