2 12" type r or 2 12" audioque sd 2.5

yeah i'm sure the box has nothing to do with that:rolleyes:
yea the subs dont play any part in it at all either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif ive been using the same box for almost 2 years and diff subs in it sound diff. had cvrs in it and it wouldnt play lower than about 36 with any authority and the aq's peaked at 35hz and played much much flatter.... idk about r's i never have heard any loud r setups in person //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i asked this question awhile back, and alot of people said go with the aq's. i alrady have a type r, and it thumps **** hard for a single 12", but i was just thinking about a couple years down the road when i wanna upgrade

you are buying another one? how they sound sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifI'll be working on my next build in around 2 weeks, two 15 in like 7.4 net tuned at 36hz. hope it get low enough even with the little airspace
They get decently loud for a sealed setup. Lots of control, fast response. Rock sounds good too. It peaks very high, with a roll off around 38hz. It takes a lot of power to get any response below the mid 30's. Still enough to shake my dash and steering wheel violently.

I wanted to go bigger that 9.4 with 2 15's. But, I am just going to wait until I get 3 more before I do anything really big.

i won't argue... but i just don't see how more subs would make each of them perform better... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif yeah it'll be louder in the lows.. but higher freq will be louder in a higher proportion
This is true. You can get more subs to be louder on the lows. But, you have to get more airspace to get the low end back. In the same amount of space the higher end of the response will gain more as xprime4 said.

The HDC's will only get louder than the r's I had the 2.5's & my r's are way louder. I am also down the road looking to maybe do 4 HDC3's with 2 sundown 3000's or 2 saz3500's.

iI just went from R's to SDC2.5's. The aq is a much better sub, plays the lows way better than the r's did and they are quite a bit louder than my r's were on the same amount of power.

Give both subs to someone who knows what they're doing and the r will probably be louder. The r might even be louder than the hdc3.

Give both subs to someone who knows what they're doing and the r will probably be louder. The r might even be louder than the hdc3.
they should do 18inch type r. My two 12s were louder than my Q in the 40-80hz region... the Q is a beast under that tough...

These type r claims are starting to get a bit ridiculous... What next? The type r can handle more power than the hdc alum, or maybe, the r has better cooling than the dd9500s.. Hell, the r's are a much better sub than the dd zs... Yep no need to get any other sub, the type r has you covered..

These type r claims are starting to get a bit ridiculous... What next? The type r can handle more power than the hdc alum, or maybe, the r has better cooling than the dd9500s.. Hell, the r's are a much better sub than the dd zs... Yep no need to get any other sub, the type r has you covered..
so numbers that people are hitting with type r's are wrong?

so numbers that people are hitting with type r's are wrong?
Never said that..

no people do amazing numbers with r's they just cant handle alot thermally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Exactly what Im getting at here.. The fact the r's got brought up against the hdc's is going a bit out of line here.. The r's cant handle 3kw+ daily, and dont stand a chance against some of the larger subs people try to put them against.. Off lower power, sure they are great, but remember you cant have it all, and especially for 100 bucs..

C'mon n00bs, it's an established fact Type R > Every other sub evar built! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

This is one of the worst forums to come to for audio advice. Hype + Sheep = This forum which sticks to cult followings of a couple half intelligent people //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It's not. I've found the 8 layer aluminum coil HDC3 to get .3-.5 louder than a R. The HDC3 was getting more power, however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.