2 10s and single 12 together

LandonMaxwell

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 kicker 10s 500 watt in a sealed box and a Sony xplod 12 1200 watt in a sealed box. I’m wanting to run them on a 1000 watt dual audio 4 channel amp. I understand that the 12 would be under powered some but how would I set the 10s to play high while the 12 plays lows?

You're missing too much info, but this isn't going to work well, even if the missing numbers would allow it to work.

Put down the power in RMS and the model numbers of all of that, and whether or not the subs are SVC or DVC, and what their Ohms ratings are. Without it, we can't tell you what your options are, but most likely you only want the two kickers or the sony, and not sure if they will work yet.

No. Run one or the other. You're splitting the power anyway, not a lot of gain and possible issues with different cabin gain, peaks, etc.

The formula is SCA=pi∗r2. Here you will see that the two 10s have a larger cone area than the single 12. I didn't look at the efficiency of any of them, figured probably close so not an overall consideration.

OnCK-rFMmFMHbt-3pj0Rugv0ficGvxAl_ilB4sw6Fe4.png

not a fan of mixing and matching subs or different makes and sizes in the same build, of any size unless you want to run subs back and front, in which case you need another amplifier too.

Last edited:
It’s in a single cab Tacoma so not much room. I’ve had the 2 10s behind the seat for a while. Before that I had the 12 in the passenger seat. I’ve heard of 10s and 12s canceling each other out. That’s why I was wanting to tune the 12 to the lows and the 10s to the higher notes. The amp is 4 channel so I can tune the 10s and 12 separately

Canceling occurs with out of phase units, not different sizes. They still sound different and may not complement each other. Getting things to work together to produce cohesive sound with different speakers type, sizes and subs is difficult enough. You can't tune out the differences in cone types, sizes materials of different manufacturers, it's their signature that creates the anomaly, not a tunable thing.

Last edited:
If you look on the first page
manual, and then go to page 10, you will see it is 240w x 2 (bridged), (unknown Ohms), but page 8 tells you it is 4 ohms. This doesn't seem right, and neither does their wiring.

1702950610862.png

1702951076256.png

Here is how you wire the amp.
1702950778233.png

You're going to want to use the two kickers, and you're going to be a little light of what they can do at RMS.

I didn't notice any THD rating on there, and dual is a known budget brand. Not sure if you have a way to detect clipping, but you could use this method:

and you'll want to dial the amp into anywhere from 240-300w.

It’s in a single cab Tacoma so not much room. I’ve had the 2 10s behind the seat for a while. Before that I had the 12 in the passenger seat. I’ve heard of 10s and 12s canceling each other out. That’s why I was wanting to tune the 12 to the lows and the 10s to the higher notes. The amp is 4 channel so I can tune the 10s and 12 separately
The 30 to 80 hz. tuning is a very narrow band of frequencies. your 2 10's can deliver this fine as can the one twelve. What amplifier are you using for this setup? The two 10's can handle 500 watts,the 12" only 300. The two tens is the choice given the limited space you have, I see absolutely no gain in using two different types and size subs in a small'is cab like this. 2 10's all day long.

My .02$

Last edited:
The 30 to 80 hz. tuning is a very narrow band of frequencies. your 2 10's can deliver this fine as can the one twelve. What amplifier are you using for this setup? The two 10's can handle 500 watts,the 12" only 300. The two tens is the choice given the limited space you have, I see absolutely no gain in using two different types and size subs in a small'is cab like this. 2 10's all day long.

My .02$
The da10004d from dual audio

I
If you look on the first page
manual, and then go to page 10, you will see it is 240w x 2 (bridged), (unknown Ohms), but page 8 tells you it is 4 ohms. This doesn't seem right, and neither does their wiring.

View attachment 55384
View attachment 55386

Here is how you wire the amp.
View attachment 55385

You're going to want to use the two kickers, and you're going to be a little light of what they can do at RMS.

I didn't notice any THD rating on there, and dual is a known budget brand. Not sure if you have a way to detect clipping, but you could use this method:

and you'll want to dial the amp into anywhere from 240-300w.

Would they be louder wiring them to separately to the amp

You need a different amp. That amp puts out the following:

Power Output:

•80 Watts x 4 channels @ 4 Ohms
•120 Watts x 4 channels @ 2 Ohms
•240 Watts x 2 channels (bridged)

First, it's not designed for the demands of subwoofer use, more for 4 speaker full band, coaxial or component use.
Secondly, ignore the max output numbers, they are completely irrelevant here.
Last, it will likely be pushed to clipping and burn up the subs at half their RMS capability trying to give you any menaigfull output.

Get one of these, power the two 10's at about 0db gain setting, 500 watts to the two 10's, will absolutely blow any configuration you can muster with that Dual amplifier, right out of the water!

Amazon product ASIN B0BMVXC6HZ

Last edited:
I have 2 kicker 10s 500 watt in a sealed box and a Sony xplod 12 1200 watt in a sealed box. I’m wanting to run them on a 1000 watt dual audio 4 channel amp. I understand that the 12 would be under powered some but how would I set the 10s to play high while the 12 plays lows?
Depending on the Exact amplifier model and the subs in general/model# ect. You could prob run the Tens(svc8 OR svc2 oHM SUBS) in Stereo Mode(HPF or Full) Bridged on 2 chs, and run the 12 if it will wire to 4 ohms mono on the other two chs( lpf), on different RCAs and Outputs from the HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...