2 10,s sealed or 1 12 ported @ 25hz

I would like you to come over to my house and hear the differences. I would take 1 10 ported over 2 10's sealed any day of the week. However, I do not think the differences would be vast. i give you that. Ported enclosures are deadly when properly made and 10's will outdo 12's and 15's sealed if done right. My 2 10's ported easily outdo my buddy's 2 15's sealed for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I don't really need to come over to your house to hear any differences. I have plenty of experience with audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't much care to go back and forth with you on what you think subs sound like. Personal preference is not in question. What a sealed/ported enclosure is capable of doing is.

If you can't make two 10's sealed louder than a single 10 ported. You are doing something wrong. Let alone two 15's sealed not being able to be as loud as two 10's ported. I would start to question your sealed enclosures and install...

I don't really need to come over to your house to hear any differences. I have plenty of experience with audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I don't much care to go back and forth with you on what you think subs sound like. Personal preference is not in question. What a sealed/ported enclosure is capable of doing is.

If you can't make two 10's sealed louder than a single 10 ported. You are doing something wrong. Let alone two 15's sealed not being able to be as loud as two 10's ported. I would start to question your sealed enclosures and install...
I have been in car audio since 1988 and have heard many many many systems and have a few friends that are installers. I have heard the old Fosgate 30 inch woofers from 1990, 18's 15's, 12's and 10's and I heard 2 10's kickers in a ported enclosure powered by a old ADS amp back in 1990 that would outdo most 15's sealed today. You are entitled to your opinion but I have heard twice as many systems as you over a 21 year period and i know what the hell I am talking about. I properly ported enclosure with 1 10 will out do 2 10's sealed given the right conditions (box, power and acoustics of the vehicle). If you don't believe that then you need to get some more car audio experience and listen to more systems.

Enough said.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your car audio experience can not dispute facts.
I'm done.
way too many variables to realistically compare a sealed enclosure to a ported enclosure like this...somehow no one has mentioned it's also driver dependant...? As well as many different variable alignments with both the ported and sealed, plus their alignment and the driver's alignment with the car, the direction port and sub are faced/etc, the list goes on.

1 10" ported at 35 hz on 600 rms was MUCH louder to the ear than 2 10" sealed in rec'd box on 1200w.
I am not the only one who thinks so. The proof is also in other people's experiences besides mine.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am not the only one who thinks so. The proof is also in other people's experiences besides mine.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i can allso vouch that ported WILL be louder.ive owned both,sealed and ported.i much prefer ported any day

Personally I prefer the sound of a big sealed box any day.

But ported is almost always 2X louder for a given number of drivers in the right enclosure.

putting the sub in a ported box might AVERAGE +3db, but at the tuning freq you can get way more, think 6-9db. That's a huge increase and can indeed result in a single ported 10" being louder than 2 sealed 10s..

For example, the vanadium 12" in the great 12" challenge was 8db louder @ 35hz in a ported box than in a sealed box. Sure, it only gained 2db @55hz... but if your car happens to resonate like a mother****er at 35hz and you get 8db increase at that freq from switching to a ported box...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.