2 10,s sealed or 1 12 ported @ 25hz

4uha8ers
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
which set up would louder on still have some SQ im looking at getting kicker cvx,pioneer ts-w1007d4,s or cerwin vega vmax going in a 2002 mustang gt so trunk space is limited://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't like any of it. What's your budget and what amps are you running and did you buy them yet. If not, what's the total budget amps included?

I don't like any of it. What's your budget and what amps are you running and did you buy them yet. If not, what's the total budget amps included?
i have a directed 1500d amp i will spend about 200.00 on 1 sub or the same on 2 subs

You can get 2 Kicker 12in CVR's and a sealed box for about $200. It jsut depends on what sounds you want from your subs. If you have them sealed, they will pound hard. If you have them ported, they will hit lower frequencies, but wond pound as hard as a sealed box.

You can get 2 Kicker 12in CVR's and a sealed box for about $200. It jsut depends on what sounds you want from your subs. If you have them sealed, they will pound hard. If you have them ported, they will hit lower frequencies, but wond pound as hard as a sealed box.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

don't give any more recommendations please.

You could buy my Sonic FX12, put it in a 1.8cuft@35hz enclosure and get louder than any of the above setups you mentioned. I'm selling it for less than 200 shipped also. Pm me if you want details

1 12 ported properly especially the CVX with the proper power will be louder and hit harder than 2 10's sealed. In fact 1 10 ported properly with the right power with also be louder and hit harder than 2 10's sealed.

It is entirely true. I have experienced it using quality equipment as well. It is true but the ported enclosure has to be on the money.
Generally speaking the output difference from sealed to ported is only on average 3db. Given that the 2 sealed will have twice the power and twice the cone area... Well you figure it out. The 2 sealed can and more than likely will get louder.

If you are to use a 12" ported compared to the two sealed. Then you have a valid argument.

Granted these are the same brand and model of subs with optimal inclosure/power settings.

Generally speaking the output difference from sealed to ported is only on average 3db. Given that the 2 sealed will have twice the power and twice the cone area... Well you figure it out. The 2 sealed can and more than likely will get louder.
If you are to use a 12" ported compared to the two sealed. Then you have a valid argument.

Granted these are the same brand and model of subs with optimal inclosure/power settings.
I would like you to come over to my house and hear the differences. I would take 1 10 ported over 2 10's sealed any day of the week. However, I do not think the differences would be vast. i give you that. Ported enclosures are deadly when properly made and 10's will outdo 12's and 15's sealed if done right. My 2 10's ported easily outdo my buddy's 2 15's sealed for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.