1st timer DIY Fiberglass Kick Panels

just a lil hint....on those pods where you have the mat over and it sticks up around the ring...in the future try to make that lay down as much as possible even if you have to put resin on it as you will end up with some nasty cuts and splinters and those sharp point will eat sanding pads to death..believe me...i dont went through that once...lol.

bet your grad you tried this yourself instead of paying someone 200+ to do em for you, which I bet you were contemplating just doing.
seriously i was thinking about it because i thought i would just be wasting my time and money. But im a DIY guy and projects are always fun. Its looking better than i expected though.

2nd layer

DSCN1836.jpg

Time to start the a-pillars

DSCN1837.jpg

I bought some seas neos and im about to purchase rainbow cal26's as well. I want to see what sounds better.

Just a little tip

Ive done some weird shaped enclosures and I use a thick fleece so those "folds/overlaps" are pretty common on not being able to stretch the fleece perfect.

What you do is just get it as small as you can, glass your enclosure/pod but DONT glass that fold part, once the glass dries, you razorblade out that fold material, and put 1-2 layers of glass over that hole from the INSIDE, let it dry, then continue on with your other exterior layers. Youd never know the fold was there

Glass work looks decent though, looks like you may run into problems of them getting in the way though

thanks for the hott glue tip, i was thinkin like 3M adhesive spray, i've done wood before and just used staples but lookin into custom kicks and never done factory plastic moldings. Kicks look good, good luck with A-pillars i expect pictures of those too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a '04 dodge stratus coupe and currently run 2 cvr 12's in a 4.5 cuft enslosure. I sold my hifonics 1200 and picked up a helluva deal on a MMATS 3000.05, now I am wondering what 2 12" subs or 1 bad ass 15" sub I can run to maximize the power of the amp without starting a financial depression for myself?
You FAIL at thread jacking WTF are you doing on here??

Nice progress on the pods !!

I used 3M super strength spray glue. i just dusted the back and it takes like 2-3min to set so by the time i was done stretching i let go and it stayed stuck

Looks alright for a first tiem job, those air bubbles hurt strength alot, try an avoid that
Yea i had very few air bubbles. I learned that just going over the entire enclosure when its done and dabbing them out with your brush works well. I just figured that out when i was resin'ing the cloth

ok.. I am very very jelous now because I dont have the balls to try this and I want to do this bad...lol.. is there anywhere that has a write up or some type of instructions to do this?. I am totally totally unexperienced with F/G and Bondo and all that stuff..lol.. thanks

ok.. I am very very jelous now because I dont have the balls to try this and I want to do this bad...lol.. is there anywhere that has a write up or some type of instructions to do this?. I am totally totally unexperienced with F/G and Bondo and all that stuff..lol.. thanks
heres my step by step on a different site...its my build..its on here too but not as detailed and is kinda all over the place.: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=475511#post475511

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.