1st timer DIY Fiberglass Kick Panels

Ok so i got back from studying and layed a few layers of glass down. The f-ed up one doesn't look bad at all. One thing i learned when laying glass is that when its all down, go over it and tap out the bubbles and mat the stray hairs down it will save a ton of time in the long run.

Ill post pics once photobucket is up

OH and I put them in my car just to check fit and it looks too good

should i stuff my pods?
no you wont notice a diff, we tried doing that.

if you want though, after you are done, if your pods resonate within certain frequencies, etc., which they will probably, most do, you can lower the resonance by layering the inside of the pod with modeling clay here and there. or applying some deadener to the inside walls.

I have a '04 dodge stratus coupe and currently run 2 cvr 12's in a 4.5 cuft enslosure. I sold my hifonics 1200 and picked up a helluva deal on a MMATS 3000.05, now I am wondering what 2 12" subs or 1 bad ass 15" sub I can run to maximize the power of the amp without starting a financial depression for myself?

they look nice man....and i used fleece to wrap my tweeter pods and door pods and didnt have ne problems stretching it..i just started from the mdf ring, then stretched teh corners out as tight as they would go then bit by bit stretched the sides....are you gonna wrap the final pod in something or paint them?

wet:

DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

dry:

DSCN1835.jpg

Im going to bondo to kinda smooth everything out and be uniform. Then im going to stretch vinyl over it so it matched the interior of my car. I have spray painted pods/boxes, they look way to glossy

Not bad my man, not bad at all. You will probably need to ease some of those curves you have to vinyl them though. Vinyl on curvy arse kicks isn't fun lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

textured satin paint would hide a lot of imperfections and not be shiny. I use that for sail panels when I glass in tweeters. Saves a lot of time on the finish sanding as it doesn't have to be perfect...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.