1st timer DIY Fiberglass Kick Panels

Holy lord man, are you building kicks or sub enclosures? Those things are huge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Why thank you

breast.gif

mock up the speaker pods first, then cut. use a die grinder, off of a compressor. i'm literally doing it right now lol. but u could use a dremel w/ a grinder wheel or somethin like that. look good though man, i'm buildin some now and u are on the right track. a little HUGE but yeah, keep it up
Yea thats a good idea. I just wanted a little headroom obviously theyre huge. Just didnt want to redo it again because glass and resin can get expensive.

Im wondering if i should recess the speakers to prevent tards from ruining them

I have a pair of those mpyers sitting in my closet if this thread makes anyone want a pair.
I bought 2 sets but only using one. I think I might sell a set as well to try and buy a bigger amp. Looking for a solid 200x2@4ohm

Make sure to take a cold shower to get the fiberglass out. I made the same mistake.
let me guess.... someone told u to take a hot shower after working with glass? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

hot water open pores which then the glass gets in and MEGA itch comes shortly after... Im currently training to be a firefighter and the "bake bag" sheet that covers you in case of a blow over in a Forrest fire, has fiberglass in it... Sum dick told me to take a hot shower... worst mistake ever! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

come n along nice! ill be watching this and expecting vids of those mids when ur done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I bought 2 sets but only using one. I think I might sell a set as well to try and buy a bigger amp. Looking for a solid 200x2@4ohm
sell em to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OK, being a college student and trying to track down tools is a pain in the ass. It took me like 9 days to try and find someone with a router because my bit is permanently locked in the bolt. And the crafts center was being little fuckers about me have "training" so I could use their dremel. But i found one in areospace today so i lucked out.

I was pulling the cloth over the panels and the white one was impossible to make perfect. For some reason the shape wouldnt allow it, i tried for seriously an hour but it would make it. so i have to fold it, im pissed. Ill just have to glass extra around it and just bondo the **** out of that panel to make it look nice.

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1829.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

Hey man I'm selling some Hybrid L1 tweeters that would match up nice. $70 shipped. I'm going to start on kicks or doorpods as soon as my A-pillars are done haha.

YOu should have tried to wrapped the pods without having to fold what you're using to wrap:

DSCN1831.jpg

Like that...

and X2 about the HUGE mold. Resin and cloth isn't cheap to be wasting like that. not bad for first time though.

I know i tried for over an hour wrapping a rewrapping but their was no angle and where the wrap would be perfect. I was using a material with spendex and for the messed up one i used a t-shirt which was helping the situation better than the spandex. But im just hoping after it hardens i can throw a ton of glass on that fold and hopefully the bondo will hide it.

and yea I know the molds where huge, it was my first time and i figured that making it extra big was better than starting over again. But now I know.

Hey man I'm selling some Hybrid L1 tweeters that would match up nice. $70 shipped. I'm going to start on kicks or doorpods as soon as my A-pillars are done haha.
lol sorry I just bought some seas neos, and im going to buy a set of rainbow cal26's as well to mess around with. Im going to glass them in my apillars. When u figure out where in the pillars you want the tweeters, do you measure the distance of the mid to your head, and make the distance from the tweet to your head the same?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.