1999 Silverado Alpine Build

Well I have unfortunate news, I switch cars with my dad and he gets a fix it ticket for the windows, tail lights, and headlights //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. Now, I can live with out tinted tail lights, but the windows I really enjoy having tinted. I understand a ticket for the tail lights, but the windows and the front headlights don't really matter as far as "safety" goes, my front windows are only 35%, and the tint on the headlights doesn't compromise anything. Really stinks because I don't have the money to get the front tinted at a shop, I tinted the rear windows myself, but i think the front will be a lot harder to tint. I'm hoping just to get it fixed and taken care of, then put everything back on during spring break. I have never had a cop give me trouble about the tint, I was in a collision, and the cops investigating said nothing about tint anywhere, nor did they mention it in the police report. I was under the impression most cops don't care about that stuff these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that *****. I think 35% is legal here in nebraska but I may be wrong. I think mine are around 15-20%. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Well I have unfortunate news, I switch cars with my dad and he gets a fix it ticket for the windows, tail lights, and headlights //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. Now, I can live with out tinted tail lights, but the windows I really enjoy having tinted. I understand a ticket for the tail lights, but the windows and the front headlights don't really matter as far as "safety" goes, my front windows are only 35%, and the tint on the headlights does compromise anything. Really stinks because I don't have the money to get the front tinted at a shop, I tinted the rear windows myself, but i think the front will be a lot harder to tint. I'm hoping just to get it fixed and taken care of, then put everything back on during spring break. I have never had a cop give me trouble about the tint, I was in a collision, and the cops investigating said nothing about tint anywhere, nor did they mention it in the police report. I was under the impression most cops don't care about that stuff these days.
Come on bro, it's southern Cali, our cops will get us for everything. I know buddies get busted for tint all the time. What a dick though to bust ya for all that. My friend just always rolls down his front windows any time there's a cop around, and he's never had any trouble.

Ya no tint is legal on front windows here in CA. And ya cops get you for anything in OC, I almost always roll down the window when I get pulled over or see a cop, but my dad was driving my truck and didn't think about doing that. The tail lights looks nice tinted in my opinion, but I can live with them not tinted, but I love the windows tinted, it will stink to drive around without them tinted. And yeah he got me for a lot, but he could have got me for the front license plate and mud flaps, fortunately he left those alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get one for not having any with a certain size tire. I don't know if I have to have mudflaps but I've been told by people that a cop could write a fix it for no mud-flaps

Indiana law on tint only regards passenger cars and light trucks. That being said, I can't wait until I get pulled over for the tint on my Jeep. The third digit of my VIN is a 4 indicating my vehicle is classified as an MPV. Indiana law does not dictate tint transparency on MPV classified vehicles. Even if I get the ticke and don't win during the traffic stop, it will hold in court. There's always loopholes in the law and I do my best to find them.

Indiana law on tint only regards passenger cars and light trucks. That being said, I can't wait until I get pulled over for the tint on my Jeep. The third digit of my VIN is a 4 indicating my vehicle is classified as an MPV. Indiana law does not dictate tint transparency on MPV classified vehicles. Even if I get the ticke and don't win during the traffic stop, it will hold in court. There's always loopholes in the law and I do my best to find them.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif, Ya I don't think there is a loop hole around this one. It's not that big of a deal, I got all the tint off, the tail lights look really bad though. Having no tint of the front window stinks though, and its really dumb because I see police cruisers with tint on the front windows driving around and I know they are police cruisers because I can see their shoulder badges when driving by them. Whatever though, I'll put new tint on in a month or so.

@blown, thank man I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Here are some pictures of the box with the seat in, everything completed.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Looks good man. Good job. How's it sounding? Are you pleased with the final outcome?
Thanks! I'm liking the outcome so far. When I turn down the bass on the head unit, it has very good sound quality and no distortions in the speakers when it is very loud. The subs also have a are pretty loud, they pick up the lows and highs pretty good. I think it suits what I was looking for in a system.

Nice job bro. I don't see why you are being a little hard on yourself with the carpeting job and the build. I was going through the pictures of you carpeting and I was thinking to myself, I need this guy to carpet my next box. lol

I must say, you showed an insane amount of patience and attention to detail. My biggest downfall is once I get the stereo done, I just want to slap it in and hear it, then once I hear it, I dont want to take it out and take care of the details.

If this is really your first build, I must say, probably the best first build I have seen.

I had a pair of those Type R's ported in my Grand Am GT. I personally would have went with two Type R 10's ported over the 12's sealed, but from what you are saying, you are very pleased and that is what matters. This was one of the best sounding and loudest stereo systems I have had. This was my first true custom build where I took my time and tried to make it look custom. I think yours turned out better than my first install.

P1010081.jpg

I must say, you showed an insane amount of patience and attention to detail. My biggest downfall is once I get the stereo done, I just want to slap it in and hear it, then once I hear it, I dont want to take it out and take care of the details.
Story my life bro haha... Once I get it in, I just make sure it's safe, and am too lazy to take it back apart. It'd be nice if I had a back-up car, but it's hard tearing it apart and getting it back together before I have to use it again later in the day.

Story my life bro haha... Once I get it in, I just make sure it's safe, and am too lazy to take it back apart. It'd be nice if I had a back-up car, but it's hard tearing it apart and getting it back together before I have to use it again later in the day.
Well the good thing about my next project, which is going to consist of me doing my first fiberglass/wood hybrid box, since I have never done fiberglass and dont know how to do it, I will be able to take my time doing it, since unfortunately, I am currently unemployed. So I will be taking my time on this box. Im wanting to do a fiberglass bottom to curve the floor of my 08 Sierra and then the rest would be wood. I'm also thinking about going a little further and making the front board out of fiberglass also to have my subs sticking out a little bit and be offset a bit so it would look custom. I'm sure this is going to take me several days to complete, but I will be ripping everything out including my seats, amps, and wiring. Relocating my 30" x 7" Audiopipe 3000D inside my center console and hopefully build a rack on top of that to place my Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 along with my distribution blocks. I would be completely embarrassed to show my anyone what it looks like under my seat with my wiring going everywhere. But if I do this, then you shouldn't be able to see any of the wires at all as it would be in the center console and the wires running under the carpet.

Oh the fun times us fellow pickup owners have with limited confined space like the OP has. If only I had a car or an SUV, things would be so much simpler. I did some custom work on my Sierra to have the front and rear chrome bumpers along with the outer chrome trip that goes around the grill, painted black to match, like the Sierra Denali's. It looks sick, but anyway, I got to drive a rental 2012 Tahoe LT fully loaded and absolutely fell in love with it. Obviously it rides much better than my truck for obvious reasons. The Tahoe had the standard Smooth Ride Suspension Package and my truck has the sport Z82 stiff suspension package. Suprisingly enough, it also got so much better gas mileage. Figured out why. The 2010+ Tahoe's and Yukon's have a 6 speed transmission with a 3.08 rear end versus my 3.73 rear end with a 4 speed transmission. So my goal is to pay off my truck, once I get a job, in a year, use that $20k as a down payment and get a slightly used 2012 Yukon so I can really do the stereo I want to do.

Woops. Sorry to post dump on the thread. Got a bit chatty for an off topic post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.