1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Little update:

I have found thermal limit on these subs to be around 3600W, set with a 0dB tone. Any more power than that and the motors start heating up pretty quick. It's a bit of a bummer, because they have a lot of throw left. I may also be doing something wrong, but I don't think so. Nevertheless, I'll be doing more tweaking and testing over the coming weeks. These subs are mainly built to sound great at decent levels, so I can't say I'm super disappointed. Once my Levi gets back I will be much more focused on tuning the front stage, and the system as a whole, so I won't as be worried about getting the subs as loud as possible. I'll be focused on my original goal, dat SQL.

The good news is, the problem I was having with the PRs bottoming out will no longer be a problem, at least definitely at this tuning (I'm at 30Hz right now). I'll be playing more with tuning, now that I know where I have to leave power. It is a balance, though I'm positive I can tune down and still be alright. How much weight exactly I can add before it overcomes the suspension, well that's something I will find out.

If I do get bored with this, plan is to sell these subs, buy a pair of Tantric HDDs, and build a regular ported box. But that's not gonna happen for another couple months.

Oh, and my door panels are being sent off to @04murdalanche ; as soon as I get a shipping label for a proper fiberglass treatment :D

Tried some Plasti Dip today, my first time. Just did the badge on the front:

Gonna eventually get a new grill, because this one is cracked and the chrome is worn. I do like the stock grill though, and will Plasti Dip all the parts black that aren't chrome. Should look good. Gonna get new lights sometime too.

Wanted to Dip the wheels, but they're gonna be a bitch to do the full wheels. Have to take them off to do it, and I don't have 4 jacks. Might end up just doing the outside face.

Also been fighting with the dang daytime running lights and the auto-on lights feature. Can't figure out the DRL's, but haven't tried the auto-on trick yet. They are separate issues from what I have read.

Tried some Plasti Dip today, my first time. Just did the badge on the front:

Gonna eventually get a new grill, because this one is cracked and the chrome is worn. I do like the stock grill though, and will Plasti Dip all the parts black that aren't chrome. Should look good. Gonna get new lights sometime too.

Wanted to Dip the wheels, but they're gonna be a bitch to do the full wheels. Have to take them off to do it, and I don't have 4 jacks. Might end up just doing the outside face.

Also been fighting with the dang daytime running lights and the auto-on lights feature. Can't figure out the DRL's, but haven't tried the auto-on trick yet. They are separate issues from what I have read.
Those drl is as simple as bending a leg on a relay. The AHL is as simple as putting a resistor in the sensor on the dash. Text or call me 2565578051 and ill send you the link or tell you

Those drl is as simple as bending a leg on a relay. The AHL is as simple as putting a resistor in the sensor on the dash. Text or call me 2565578051 and ill send you the link or tell you
It's supposed to be pin 86 on the relay right? I tried it. It did cut off the DRL's, but then only one hi beam headlight worked. Same deal with pin 85. There's also supposed to be some component with a big heatsink under the dash that you can just remove, but I can't find that. Not putting the parking brake down, so not sure where to go. I googled the shit out of this man lol, I'm pretty sure I know how to do the AHL's, just a 1.2k (or 2.2k, haven't seen for sure for my year/model) ohm resistor in place of that sensor. But I think I might just leave them alone until I upgrade my lights. I kinda like not having to worry about it at all.

Or I'll eventually get bored and do it anyway lol.

It's supposed to be pin 86 on the relay right? I tried it. It did cut off the DRL's, but then only one hi beam headlight worked. Same deal with pin 85. There's also supposed to be some component with a big heatsink under the dash that you can just remove, but I can't find that. Not putting the parking brake down, so not sure where to go. I googled the shit out of this man lol, I'm pretty sure I know how to do the AHL's, just a 1.2k (or 2.2k, haven't seen for sure for my year/model) ohm resistor in place of that sensor. But I think I might just leave them alone until I upgrade my lights. I kinda like not having to worry about it at all.
Or I'll eventually get bored and do it anyway lol.
That's odd about the one headlight. Seems

Like I read a problem on that before. Can't reemerge what fixes it though

Lol. Your right on the AHL.

Horrible picture, but yep, she's back.

Midbass is still way lacking. But, I haven't touched the EQ at all. I'm gonna clean up the wires inside the box and run the auto EQ and T/A this weekend. Going to document before and after RTA graphs as well (well, I hope I remember).

My door panels are currently in 04murdalanche's hands. I'll have them back by Heatwave //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.