1992 Saturn SL2

Try the HSK Hertz comps. Heard nothing but good things about them and the power they take.
When I get the money I probably will, the sound quality of the coaxials is pretty amazing.

So did a little more on the box today. Got my camera back too.

DSCN6401.jpg

DSCN6402.jpg

Now I have a question. Right now all I have done is glued. Should I go back through and put a few screws in to make it stronger?

well went to put another side on my box today, and realized it messed up. placement of the port pieces were off, would have made my port shorter, then the front piece wouldn't have fit. So I knocked out the port, and am redoing it. It'll work out alright.

DSCN6404.jpg

DSCN6403.jpg

Sure doesn't look like your first build, you obviously have done your research and it is turning out great. NICE equipment too. You are kicking ass right out of the gate!!! Great looking build!
Thanks man that's really great to hear. If I decide to do something I usually end up going all out and doing it right.

Kinda finished up my box tonight. Gonna have to have my friend's dad help me cut out the speaker hole since he has a router. Also think I'm gonna cut out another ring to mount the sub on, so that'll give it a little more space from the back wall of the box.

Still gotta put some screws in it and paint it, need to get some kind of terminals on it too. Gonna have to do a bit of sanding to get this box nice.

DSCN6405.jpg

Well Sanded the box down very nicely today, it's lookin official now.

DSCN6410.jpg

Got a terminal cup today and cut the hole for it.

DSCN6411.jpg

DSCN6412.jpg

And used a jigsaw to cut out the hole for the woofer.

DSCN6413.jpg

Now I just need a speaker ring, so the woofer can be mounted out a little, giving it more room from the back of the box. I tried making one with a jigsaw but I just couldn't get it perfect enough, so I need someone to make one for me.

looks alot better than my first box lol. it was built with plywood and caulk to seal it. nice to see other 16 yr. olds geting nice equipment not shitty walmart stuff. i just need to take my **** test i can whenever i schedule it.

looks alot better than my first box lol. it was built with plywood and caulk to seal it. nice to see other 16 yr. olds geting nice equipment not shitty walmart stuff. i just need to take my **** test i can whenever i schedule it.
haha yeah. just go take it, it's not that hard.

so today my grandparents came over for the 4th, they live 2 hours away, and my grandpa and my dad were talking about how good my box is and stuff, then my dad asked me what i was gonna do about the ring i needed. so i told him i was having someone else online make one with a router. then my grandpa goes ahh you should've told me, i would've brought me router, no one uses it anymore! haha oh well, at least it'll get done right by you, but maybe ill get his router in the future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Used some caulking on the inside to seal it a little better. Also put screws in for extra support.

DSCN6415.jpg

DSCN6414.jpg

but i ran out of teh screws to finish the bottom...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

undeadxsunshine

10+ year member
what it is
undeadxsunshine
York, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date