1992 Saturn SL2

Well my power wire kit came today. I got a Kicker 1/0 dual amp kit. It's a bit excessive, especially for not even having a sub yet, but I'm leaving plenty of room for upgrades in the future. I'll run the power wire tomorrow and maybe install some speakers. My dad wants to help me find a good place to mount the amp so i have to wait on him for that.

DSCN6140.jpg

DSCN6141.jpg

DSCN6144.jpg

Well went to go run the power line today, turned out to be more of a task than I expected. Also ordered a side post adapter for the battery which I didn't realize I would need. I guess the seats are probably gonna have to come out to get the carpet up right, and the one part of the side paneling between the front and back door looks like it's gonna be a real ***** to get off.

Well I'm working on an amp mount now. I have come down to two options. On the back of one of the back seats that can fold down, or along the right side of the trunk.

This would go on the back of the right back seat in the trunk. Problems I see with this is room for the thick power cables and not sure how stable screwing into the back of the seat will be, considering it's just thick plastic.

DSCN6154.jpg

This sheet would go horizontally along the right side. I would have to screw into metal. There would be a lot more room for wiring and also there would be room for a small sub amp in the future.

DSCN6153.jpg

My dad originally thought I shouldn't put it on the back of the seat, but now he thinks it should go there. He thinks having it on the side will get in the way of getting the spare tire out, which I pretty much showed it wouldn't. But for some reason he's being stubborn about it. Any thoughts?

Well I got the amp mount cut out last night, decided I was gonna go with the one along the right side of the trunk. Here it is setting in there for a test fit. I think this should work pretty well.

DSCN6155.jpg

DSCN6156.jpg

DSCN6157.jpg

Ran some wiring today. First the Kicker 1/0 gauge hyperflex power wire.

DSCN6159.jpg

DSCN6160.jpg

Other side of the firewall inside the car.

DSCN6161.jpg

Along the side.

DSCN6162.jpg

Got the fuse mounted on the battery case.

DSCN6163.jpg

Next I ran wiring to and installed the drivers side door speaker. I had a hell of a time running the wire from the inside of the car to the door. Accidentally ripped a hole in the rubber hose but taped it all up.

DSCN6171.jpg

DSCN6172.jpg

Hertz speaker installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DSCN6173.jpg

Door panel back on.

DSCN6175.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to get the left side door speaker installed.

No I'm probably not doing any deadening, only because i don't see this car surviving for too much longer. So I'm just not gonna worry about spending the money on that. I'm also completely broke right now, so after i get the money to buy subs, I may do some deadening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

undeadxsunshine

10+ year member
what it is
undeadxsunshine
York, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date