1992 Saturn SL2

Looks really, really good. Nice job hiding the wire, and the install looks pretty dam clean. The finished product will be nice.

will thoes L bracket things hold the weight of thoes amps? I would love to do something similar with my setup
Well the L brackets don't have much weight on them. They're only on that front part for support. The weight of the amp is mostly against the floor on the trunk and on the part where it's drilled right into the side of the trunk. The brackets do feel pretty sturdy though.

Well I got an amp that's gonna run my sub. It's an MTX Thunder 500D, kinda older amp. I'm gonna run a single 12" sub ported, right now I'm planning a Hertz HX 300D.

DSCN6313.jpg

Started my box build. Keep in mind this is my first box build ever, and I have little experience building stuff with wood. So here it goes.

My friend's dad has a really nice table saw, so i used that to cut all the MDF, made it really easy. Then glued one side tonight, will get to more tomorrow.

0629092240-00.jpg

excuse the low quality pictures, my mom has my nice camera with her so i had to use my phone.

Looks dam good for your 1st install.

And awesome equipment! I wish I had the funds to put that nice of stuff in my 1st ride. I think IIRC my first ride I had around 500 dollars in the system in a 400 dollar 83 Dodge Charger hatch, lol!

Looks dam good for your 1st install.
And awesome equipment! I wish I had the funds to put that nice of stuff in my 1st ride. I think IIRC my first ride I had around 500 dollars in the system in a 400 dollar 83 Dodge Charger hatch, lol!
Yeah thanks man, I was extremely happy with how nice it ended up looking, surprised myself a little haha. The only thing I wanna do with it now until i decide to upgrade subs again is to get some better components for the front that can take a bit more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

undeadxsunshine

10+ year member
what it is
undeadxsunshine
York, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date