1992 Lesabre build

My car has 175,000 km so roughly 110,000miles its running well actually i have had it almost a year now. I bought with 165,000 km and haven't had to replace anything yet. Runs very well. I bought for 2200 CDN. The paint is nice. There is some rusting in the rear wheel wells but the car is 16 years old. I have no complaints. About the rattling, I hope that it doesn't rattle as bad. Without the mat only the license plate and seal area rattled. The actual trunk was not that bad to my surprise. I really hope that mat makes a difference. I still have to get something for the license plate but i am interested the difference it makes at keeping more bass inside my car. I will get vids when the rest of my gear gets in. Hope that answered some questions. Also i have carpeted the box black.
Nice setup!! I've got a 94 LeSabre....It's been a great car...It's got around 197,000 miles and still runs great....I bought it with around 58,000. Check out my profile for pics of my current system.....

Thanks man. Yea I really like this car, runs well, i havn't put as nearly many miles as you but i hope to run it as long as i can. I want to try to get some more vidz soon.
The engine's in these cars is known for being a great one. I've made sure I've kept the oil changed and not let it overheat....Being that I'm a former mechanic, I learned that those are the 2 most important things. Also, I've had the transmission fluid changed as well but not as often as I should have. I've still got the original transmission and it's never had any engine work. I'm hoping to keep mine for at least another 2 years. I'd love to be able to put 300,000 on mine!!

On another subject.....A guy that I recently met has just designed a box for my car. It's a really cool design and I'm hoping to get it installed in the near future and then I'll probably start entering some local SPL comps. I'll add you as one of my buddies and try and update you once I get it installed.

The engine's in these cars is known for being a great one. I've made sure I've kept the oil changed and not let it overheat....Being that I'm a former mechanic, I learned that those are the 2 most important things. Also, I've had the transmission fluid changed as well but not as often as I should have. I've still got the original transmission and it's never had any engine work. I'm hoping to keep mine for at least another 2 years. I'd love to be able to put 300,000 on mine!!
On another subject.....A guy that I recently met has just designed a box for my car. It's a really cool design and I'm hoping to get it installed in the near future and then I'll probably start entering some local SPL comps. I'll add you as one of my buddies and try and update you once I get it installed.

Ill bump for the Lesabre as well, I had a 92 and that car ran so well. Sometimes I wish I still had it for a daily, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I can also vouch for the engine in thoses cars, GM 3800 series is a long lasting engine if you take care of here. My uncle had a 90 Oldsmobile 98 Regency that had over 210,000 miles on it before the tranny finally gave out, he bought it with only 45000 on the od.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

lol **** dash, I want to upgrade headunit, one of the major things stopping me is knowing I have to take out 3 dozen bolts lol. I'll get some vidz this weekend of some new tracks.
Actually, I think I've had the dash out enough where it actually seems simple now...It's possible I could even do it blind-folded //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I guess I wouldn't know how much easier other cars are since I haven't hooked up anything else in another car since I owned a VW Jetta back in the 90's....Those were super easy....

....I'll check back for the Vids....

Since we talking about Lesabres, did it take anyone else a while to find those screws in the ac vents?

I had a new HU for 2 weeks and had removed every screw I needed including the glove box ones and cound not figure out why the dash would not come down lol. Learning>me, lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.