1986 toyota van wall off SPL project.

visonik is probably gonna be it.

the build is the thing i'm most.. excited i guess.. about right now : ) bought the sludge and the resin today 5 gallons of each... i'm gonna pick em both up at ups on saturday.. got my rolls of sound deadener.. gonna do the cieling too.

i want to deaden it first.. then lay the cement so i can drivepin the box into the cement... also bought 50 pounds of polyfill.

anyone wanna vote on the ABC plan thing? http://photobucket.com/albums/a141/mikescanlon11/ also theres my other fiberglass work... nothing finished product though... the last pic in there, the paintshop thing is the different plans for each of the two boxes for the 18's

Some of your drawings are way off of what I feel they should be.

Your not thinking serious SPL box I don't think.

And if you lived closer, I would love to help you out in building this. I want to one day, just no time.

Anyway, here is my quick drawing. In the angled pic, it shows a 6" baffle where the subs are mounted. I left the port part out so you could see how it makes the ports length up without adding a port wall in there for the side.

t_spl_box_175.jpg

Anyone feel free to make adjustments to my drawing.

db, that drawing is exactally what ive been trying to describe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

the port is the depth of the baffle (~6"), and the entire DRIVER SIDE (important) of the box. the subs go on the far left side, the bottom\back are filled with concrete. look to make it about 25 cubes before displacement - and keep adding thickness (ie, a piece of wood) to the back side of the baffle or the back wall of the inside of the box until you peak in SPL.

visonik is probably gonna be it.
the build is the thing i'm most.. excited i guess.. about right now : ) bought the sludge and the resin today 5 gallons of each... i'm gonna pick em both up at ups on saturday.. got my rolls of sound deadener.. gonna do the cieling too.

i want to deaden it first.. then lay the cement so i can drivepin the box into the cement... also bought 50 pounds of polyfill.

anyone wanna vote on the ABC plan thing? http://photobucket.com/albums/a141/mikescanlon11/ also theres my other fiberglass work... nothing finished product though... the last pic in there, the paintshop thing is the different plans for each of the two boxes for the 18's
wtf? do not even think about doing an ABC box or adding polyfill. if you have a pair of solox18's and a few 4kw amps, you BETTER not be doing anything but a large ass ported box tuned high. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

i'm not a big spl builder like i said.. i played with the eclipse and ended up with a respectable score.. built a bunch of systems before.. but never anything on this large of a scale..

thank you guys for more contributions, trying to learn.. even on this forum, not alot of people build just SPL cars.

also i cant see the picture anymore.. i guess it expired or something?

if you could email it to mikescanlon11@yahoo.com that'd be great : )

okay thanks. : )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.