1986 toyota van wall off SPL project.

thank you everyone for your suggestions/help taking the time to help another guy... making a box plan in my generator now.. i think it will be best to have two completly seperate boxes.. that are bolted together in the car.... i'll paintshop what i mean.

the visonik is "Bridgeable with second Class X Amplifier " hmmmmmmmm that might be good stuff.

4kw at 17vdc...

3500 at 12vdc.

cheap price for 4kw.. bet the quality *****, thats what i want, as long as it doens't blow up while it's burping, i'll be happy : )

i also found this one: SPL brand amplifier.. i know somoene said steer clear from SPL brand.. but i think that was just for the subwoofers... are the amps any good?

http://store.yahoo.com/discave/z1splclasddi1.html?source=froogle&kw=Z1X-3000D

10 watts for a dollar shipped sounds like gravy to me.

mikescanlon11

that should work.. i think

if not here http://photobucket.com/albums/a141/mikescanlon11/?action=view&current=pickone.jpg

edit: guess i dont know how to put images up... either way, pick a design A, B, or C.. most votes gets the win.. then i'll design the specifics of it as far as size goes.. but they are just different designs.. i'll use the same volume per sub no matter what and be porting to 50 hz.

I would deffinitly look into doing 2 Solo X 18's. They're insane. You can strap 2 kicker KX 2500.1's to each one of them, and that would get you loud for sure. There's probably a cheaper way to get the power for them too... like the hifonics. Someone on the forum here had 2 18's for sale.. you should see if he still does.

the visonik is "Bridgeable with second Class X Amplifier " hmmmmmmmm that might be good stuff.
4kw at 17vdc...

3500 at 12vdc.

cheap price for 4kw.. bet the quality *****, thats what i want, as long as it doens't blow up while it's burping, i'll be happy : )

i also found this one: SPL brand amplifier.. i know somoene said steer clear from SPL brand.. but i think that was just for the subwoofers... are the amps any good?

http://store.yahoo.com/discave/z1splclasddi1.html?source=froogle&kw=Z1X-3000D

10 watts for a dollar shipped sounds like gravy to me.
the 4000d isnt strappable, they just use the same manual to save money..i believe its the 2000d that is strappable.

those douchebags at visonik.. still thats 4kw per VC if i dont strap em.... 16kw.. that'll power a ****in small house.

this SPL brand amplifier.. i know somoene said steer clear from SPL brand.. but i think that was just for the subwoofers... are the amps any good?

http://store.yahoo.com/discave/z1spl...e&kw=Z1X-3000D

still looks like my best bet.. i dont want to pay for the quality of the hifonics or US amps.. when i'm making a burp machine that just has to make noise.

NICE build on those 8's, i bet the SQ isn't too bad either.. besides not being able to hear the highs.

looks really professional.

is that amp rack in the engine bay? or is that where a passenger seat goes and i'm looking at it the wrong way.. there isn't much other places in the car.

*has massive coronary*
lol i never claimed i knew everything. but i know how to prep a spl car. im not saying i know the **** physics of the box "tuning" yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i woudlent get the SPL brand but i know visonik isent the most reliable company but 4000 watts is 4000 watts. Sq isent a factor here ya know. Who cares if it does 10% Thd lol. JK but i think u get 1-2of those per solo X u will be rocking. but like every1 said. U can get all the watts and all the subs in the world. ITs really gonna come down to the box building.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.