1986 toyota van wall off SPL project.

50 fricken gallons of resin! holy ****, amazing price on that resin though... **** been looking online, they all sell 31+ dollars a gallon, cheapest 5 gallon was 125 i think?

and dude, you sure do know your ****..

i wanna steer away from kicker, i cant see myself spending over 500 on a sub for those solox... considering i'd need at least 4 of em..

i'd love to go with 4 xxx 15's.. but they're soo fricken hard to find.. did they stop production?

last time i saw one in action was over a year ago, and that is the only subwoofer that has ever made me just feel sick from sitting in the car.

wow, i just checked out the resin link.. they are like a 5 minute drive from here, so it's gonna be 75 bucks out the door no shipping!! : ) no 20 dollar dangerous materials shipping charge. : ) woot

is the 'spl' brand worth anything, 750 bucks for a 3000w amp + 2 x12's

http://theauto.zoovy.com/product/SPLW12D3K?META=froogle-SPLW12D3K

there?

maybe that x 2 + huge ported airspace = good

i'm going to buy the concrete tommarow from abc.. also going to get concrete sheets to throw in there first and bolt those down to the metal.. then pour the cement on top so the cement has somethign to adhere to instead of a metal deck.

the cement in the rear of the enclosure pushes the sound towards the windshield?

thanks for your help.

50 fricken gallons of resin! holy ****, amazing price on that resin though... **** been looking online, they all sell 31+ dollars a gallon, cheapest 5 gallon was 125 i think?
and dude, you sure do know your ****..

i wanna steer away from kicker, i cant see myself spending over 500 on a sub for those solox... considering i'd need at least 4 of em..

i'd love to go with 4 xxx 15's.. but they're soo fricken hard to find.. did they stop production?

last time i saw one in action was over a year ago, and that is the only subwoofer that has ever made me just feel sick from sitting in the car.

wow, i just checked out the resin link.. they are like a 5 minute drive from here, so it's gonna be 75 bucks out the door no shipping!! : ) no 20 dollar dangerous materials shipping charge. : ) woot

is the 'spl' brand worth anything, 750 bucks for a 3000w amp + 2 x12's

http://theauto.zoovy.com/product/SPLW12D3K?META=froogle-SPLW12D3K

there?

maybe that x 2 + huge ported airspace = good

i'm going to buy the concrete tommarow from abc.. also going to get concrete sheets to throw in there first and bolt those down to the metal.. then pour the cement on top so the cement has somethign to adhere to instead of a metal deck.

the cement in the rear of the enclosure pushes the sound towards the windshield?

thanks for your help.
yeah RE stopped production on there xxx line cus the new ones are suppose to come out soom.

the XXX is not for SPL man.

you are looking for a SPL sub, and if you think youd need more than TWO soloX 18's - you my friend, are mistaken.

look for RE MT's, digital designs 95 series, kicker solox's, treo CSX's, beyond audio inhumans - REAL SPL subs. and no, i wouldnt waste my money on SPL brand equipment for an install like this.

and btw, i hate you for living near uscomposites. ass.

as for concrete, it makes the box not flex, so i guess yes, it pushes waves to the front. same thing as if you put 6+ pieces of .75" mdf on the back. you want your back and front walls really thick.

concrete is cheaper than MDF... for now.. maybe not in a few months since the shortages and my van has plenty of torque.. so i'm not worried about power with the weight, so for sure on that concrete...

the solox seems to be the only subwoofer you suggested that they actually produce and you can buy it at a dealer or someplace... maybe i'm wrong.. but the treo website says no dealers.. the digital designs i cant find a website for on google.. nor will it produce results from froogle.. and the beyond audio inhumans are also fruitless on google/froogle

maybe i'm missing something.

looking more at that solox and it's looking pretty tasty. claims a 5000w rms per voicecoil, 10k max

put one amp per voicecoil?

it's claiming a needed 10 cubes per subwoofer.. what kind of amplifier could put out 5000watts rms?

and i checked and the 220 alternator will fit.. i just need to make a bracket for it.

i like thsoe batteries you sent me to, i'm going to get one of those to go with my yellow tops/red top and see how i like it though, sounds too good to be true.. 2800 cranking amps... science rocks.

i'll tune these things way high for spl and then put 1x10 in the dash with the components so i can have some SQ for driving the van around for some tunes

maybe some regular ole kicker comps.

lol dude. there is no daily driving in a car like this. we are talking eaisly 160db if you do everything right. theres no driving around lol.

as far as the 5kw per coil, for BURPS, thats no problem. they can prolly handle like 5kw daily (turn the gains down or somthin and roll the volume down)...

but a pair of solox18's in a 20 cube wall tuned in the mid 40's~mid 50's would be killer. what you want to do, is build the wall (only guesstimate so its roughly 30 cubes or so, dont go overboard) and then make a baffle that is like 4~6" thick, and calculate how much port area you can fit and what the tuning will be if its a 4~6" port depth wise.

you do NOT want a 'wall' inside the box for the port. we want the port to be jsut shallow enough.

as far as the batteries, id suggest getting like 4 of them, and getting rid of the yellowtops and call it a day with the redtop under the hood and a batt isolater.

and for some reason digital designs site is down, and beyond audio is out of buisness. you can prolyl email treo and ask for a price on the CSX. but id rather scoop a solox myself.

this install will be 'all in the box' dude. you dont hit 160 without a well thought out box and knowledge of how to make it loud.

i should go with a 4-6 inch deep round port is what you're saying? i'm going to make some plans... this vehicle has mid-mount engine, so the battery is in the middle of the chassis in the floor, i was planing to put the other batteries right next to it, and the amps in the front too on a plywood on the floor... becasue the engine bay opens up inside the cabin area.. and i cant obstruct that.

the box will have to be like 4 feet away from the dash.

i built abox in my box generator

it comes out to be 48x48x30 inches... 29 cubes with 1.5 inch thick wood after 4x4's inside and 45's in teh corners .. i'll bring it down to ~20 cubes...

on the rear i'll add the concrete wall section on the outside of the box... should i lay a slab of concrete on the inside of the box? do you put polyfill in spl only applications?

it calls for a 15 inch port that is 8 inches deep for 50 hz.. wtf pwn that **** is huge.

would i want that on the same surface as the subwoofers.. would i want the subwoofers all on the front surface?

i'm going to pick at your brain until you stop awnsering : )

thanks,

mike

Well personally RE mt 18's are only like 300-400 bucks for a decent used 1. theres 2 on ebay right now that i would jump on. I have no idea what kinda amps ur planning on running. U should prob start thinking about that pretty soon lol considering thats gonna be alot of money. Prob like 4 orion 2500d's can be under 2 gs that will give u about 10kw. And wtf is froogle?

or what about 2 18 inch Sx's or 4 15 inch sx's. That seems alot cheaper then 2 Solo x's. but ive heard great things about those solo x's.

go to google.com and where you see images/news/other ****.. you'll see froogle up there..

pretty much you search it and it will give you 100's of websites selling that product at whatever price they have it for, and you can find where it's cheapest online.

if it's not on ebay or froogle, you probably cant buy it too easily.

http://froogle.google.com/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf&q=

i can put everything on the front of the box pretty easily.. it'll be ugly, but beauty certainly isn't the goal here : )

a pair of orion2500d's will get me where i wanna go though?

i could add another pair later if it doesn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

if ur getting 2 solo x 18's ur gonna probley want more. Ive seen a Kx1200.1 to each coil of a 18 and it barley moved it. It felt like u were getting punched in the stomach but it can take so much more.

is there any single amp that puts out 5kW?

edit: did some research, besides the goliath.. i dont want to pay 1700 bucks per amplifier..

is there any reliable online companys that build amplifiers that just dont have a real huge name yet?

i dont mind paying a pretty penny.. but not that much money per amp when i need like 4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.