1972 Honda Z600 with 34-Inch Subwoofer

I love that car, had never heard of it until now. I can't guarantee that thing will even sound like music, that sub was created for hype and publicity purposes only, but kudos for actually owning one and doing something with it, this thread is full of win.

The sub retailed at $5k. Internet prices were around $3500. I got this one for $900 from someone who was going out of business in CA.

As for the "fail" comments... Don't know what to tell you. I just want to try a big sub in a tiny car, not get into a pissing contest. Just getting the sub to fit makes me think I didn't fail. This is just a toy, no compete, and just a fun project that I always wanted to do. If you are familiar with these subs, and still think it will fail, lets talk. So far, the other person with a tiny car like this that has one installed is very happy with his.

http://home.no/loweley/album/fiatweb/index.htm

You could seal it like a big sealed box and stuff it with cottonballs., resin the inner walls, OR make a port like feets long and have it come out into the dash? Do you have the spec and recomendations for that woofer? Post em up. Whats the retail for one of those?
The sealed idea is the only thing I could come up with. A ported design would be monstrous. I hope tomtom chimes in and says it only needs 8 cubes sealed.

edit-I just read that it only need 10 cubes sealed, should be a monster.

Drew

The other person that built a small car with one in Finland has less than 10. I am hoping to fit 10. Not enough room for a port. I think I can fit it sealed. Might have to use a small trailer to hold the batteries...

dont sweat em tom.i think you've done an awesome job thus far.been a fan of it ever since i saw it on diyaudio.com .people are just too used to a pair of 15s with 3000 watts on em to see all the good going on here.

The sealed idea is the only thing I could come up with. A ported design would be monstrous. I hope tomtom chimes in and says it only needs 8 cubes sealed.
edit-I just read that it only need 10 cubes sealed, should be a monster.

Drew
stupidport.jpg

Seeing the pic of the sub in the car gave me a stiffy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Finally a break from the normal setups and installs u see here... Very nice to see someone going off the beaten path.

Definately wanna see sum more pics/vids.

I hate to be the obligatory cacom *******, but this build amounts to fail. The sub is too big for the car. There's no way there's enough airspace in that entire car to satisfy that moofa. The baffle is cute, but it doesn't look like it even seals up the front of the car from the back.
I hate to rain on your parade, but it just ain't happenin dude.
Your right jerk off, you are an *******. Now stfu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.