18 sub

martin8
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
is there an 18 inch sub that sound great with the highs mids and lows? like my old kicker comp it hits the highs really good like the bass that sounds like its vibrating. and i want it to hit lows like my 15 alpine does. or does it just matter wat box u use?

budget i want it around 600-800 dollars a sub. and a toyota tacoma ext cab so its small i want 2 18 the box is gonna be close to 10 cubic feet. and i want to know about the sub first so i know wat power i need to power the subs

and wtf could u just stop commenting. if u dont want to see wat i say dont look. and im not on this website all day to look at everyones conversation. so u just stop!?!?!

dude.... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... search through these forums before you post any other dumb ass posts.... please

ya i was thinking 2 15 or 2 18 im gonna have 9.8 cubic feet including a huge sub displacement and i put 3 inches of wood all around. so ill probably have more air space.

For 2 18s you will want around 12ft3 net(after all displacements)
If you can only use 10ft3 then run something like 2 15s.

i was thinking about anscedent audio mayhem i want the biggest one but the mounting depth is to much i only have 18 iches including wood. o the depth has to be around 10 inches. and i was lookind at dc audio incriminator audio or fi audio.

600-800 for a sub? Your options are pretty much limitless.

ya i was thinking 2 15 or 2 18 im gonna have 9.8 cubic feet including a huge sub displacement and i put 3 inches of wood all around. so ill probably have more air space.
What do you actually have to work with? 2 18s are out of the question for sure.

OP when looking into 18's you are going to run into a lot of strictly SPL based subs, just know what to look for. And yes the box plays a huge role in how the sub will sound. I don't know what you consider highs in bass, but I let my subs play full volume up to around 70Hz then it starts to cut off. Anything above 60-80Hz you really should let your midbass/front stage take care of that

ya i know and thanks like my alpine type r dosent even make noise when it hits the highs. when i had my 2 12ves in those hit the highs when i turned the lpf up on the amp... and right now i cant here my door speakers at all so idc about that yet.

OP when looking into 18's you are going to run into a lot of strictly SPL based subs, just know what to look for. And yes the box plays a huge role in how the sub will sound. I don't know what you consider highs in bass, but I let my subs play full volume up to around 70Hz then it starts to cut off. Anything above 60-80Hz you really should let your midbass/front stage take care of that

i was thinking i couldent do an 18 and i know it was gonna be hard to do especially with a small cab so ill settle with 2 15. i was thinking about 2 anscedent audio mayhems. and two 2500 watt rockford fosgate amps which will over power it but thats wat i want lol

What do you actually have to work with? 2 18s are out of the question for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.