18" FI Q Installed

snb778
5,000+ posts

blaugh!!!!
Just put it in... Here are some pics...

Now keep in mind this was a quick install... Used the vinyl more or less for Rattling issues... Didnt want to put the wood box on a piece of 1/4" MDF for the floor board... so I went out and bought some cheap vinyl...Bought all they had left of this color....which obviously wasnt quite enough when you see the pic of the back...but who cares... vinyl was creased...I thought I could stretch it out, or iron it out...none worked.

So far I have it wired at 2 ohms.... 1/2 gain on the amp already which kinda concerns me, because the amp is rated at 2000W@2 ohms.... So far......its on and working... gonna give it a few days to break in, but DEF. gonna have to turn it up to 3/4gain to really get it movin....whcih doesnt make a whole lot of sence because the sub is rated @1000 watts

any suggestions lemme know.

no, but still its not even close to recommended.. I had my 15" Type R at half gain and it was slammin....which means it was gettin more than 1000watts....

no vids yet.. pointless.. gotta let it break in a lil bit...right now my rear view mirror doesnt even move much

someone wanna send me the link for settin the gain with a DMM

i know they arent... im lookin for a loud SQ sub...and here I am.....

ANYWHOOT... wired in series... am I going to still wire the amp + with the + wire and amp - to -wire??

Just because the Type R was "slammin" does not mean 1000 watts. Do it right please and dont blow such an awesome sub, you will be impressed. There are multiple amp setting tutorials on this forum and all of the math is already done for you as well, search.

OK I changed one of the RCA's... (think it was in the wrong spot) but the DMM went from 1.8 to 3.6 (doubled)... but in no way does it read anything close to 63V.. it reads 3.6 3.6------ .36------ when I change the range on the DMM, but never reads 36

ahhhh,,, someone tune in here.... I gotta leave in 20 min. for work... wanna get this right TODAY!~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.