1700 watts off one battery?

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
I'm going to be running a 640 watt 4 channel amp and a 1100 watt monoblock, could i run 0/1 gauge off my battery to a distribution block without any troubles? Would i want to do the big three? Also i have a stock Denso alt, and it says 164AA on it, I have no clue what that means.

The last resort would be a HO alt, its just not in the budget. Maybe an extra battery? It'd be kinda ugly considering I have a jeep...

i'd go with a second battery myself, but you may be able to get away with one big one........ your lights will dim at higher volumes but

1/0 all the way around (including big 3) what year and model jeep and i'll tell you how big your alt is
2001 limited, V8.

So I wouldn't need another battery? Maybe just a really good one to replace the one i have in there?

You will need a second battery, atleast 50ah just for your audio system, also invest in a stinger voltage meter to watch for major voltage drops.

i'm getting 136 amp alt for that vehicle. if i were you i would try everything with upgraded wire and a decent battery.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Could I just get a battery that's 50ah better? And do the big 3?
adding a second battery could make things worse

i'm getting 136 amp alt for that vehicle. if i were you i would try everything with upgraded wire and a decent battery. 

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

adding a second battery could make things worse
So big 3 and a good battery? Do you know any good batteries that aren't $200? lol

batteries are expensive these days. its $100 just for a cheap auto batt. a good batt may be $200+ but a HO alt is $400+
I just checked under the hood, I have an autocraft gold that says it gets 1000 cranking amps @32 degrees. But it's summer and it hits upper 90s regularly here in SC even though its been raining like hell this summer. So maybe it gets around 800 amps now?

on a daily system i try everything stock and see what happens. then if need be upgrade wire. then batt. then alt. you can run 1700 watts with your vehicle as is. just not wide open all day.

Alright apparently its a **** battery. ****, I don't know how i can afford this now... Guess I'll just take it really slow
ive run 1500 watts on a 85 amp alt with the cheapest walmart batt there was so.. but it would shut of my car at full tilt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.