15l7's In A X-cab Truck

if you want sound quality that can also get loud, i'd probably look elsewhere. especially if you're looking to stay sealed. i think with a different pair of subs in a ported box you could EASILY get louder and sound a LOT better than your audiobahns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you just want really loud i'd definitely go ported. i think you'd be really happy with the extra output, and a well desinged box will not lose much (if any) sound quality. and if you do two 15L7's with 2000W of power in a ported box in a pickup truck you probably will NOT be able to stand 10 minutes straight of full pounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bet that setup ****in pounds:eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
yea it gets quite loud. i was gonna replace that with a pair of 8's in the console but i just love how the 15 gets ssoo low.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif i can't wait to redo the box though, the way it is right now restricts how far i can lean back and what not, i wana make it at somewhat of an angle

but iam kinda sold on the L7's and have been since about a year ago and i think they well make me happy.

i meant it'll get loud as hell sealed tho right??? with about 4 cubic feet each??

but iam kinda sold on the L7's and have been since about a year ago and i think they well make me happy.
i meant it'll get loud as hell sealed tho right??? with about 4 cubic feet each??

i had a 10 in 2.4 cubic foot sealed it was weak.

i built an enclosure 2.4 ported and it was 1000000x louder and still clear.

i say got for the ported. dont let it scare ya/ its not hard to do and the sound will not be any less SQ then the sealed if done right.. i have two 06 L& 15's in my EX cab and LOVE it. the box is a bit more then 10 cubes total. I now run 2 Kicker 1500.1's one to each sub. IMO it is VERY loud. and my new TL mic agrees.

here is a link. i still need to undate the thread. i have done a lto since the last post but i have nto got around to it. the biggest change is the addition of another amp. i am REALLY happy that i did

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171326

well is a ported a lot louder to the ear then is sealed??

i know it ported is louder on a mic but iam not competeing so that isnt a thing for me

i just want it to be loud to the ear

if i do this sealed about what number is reason to expect a system like this to hit if i were to meter it?? i know i will never have it metered but would like to have an idea!!!

VERY hard to give number BUT even with a crapy install i would expect atleast a mid to high 130's sealed but even 150 can be done with a really nice ported install. but again the only way to find out what it will hit is to have it put on a mic.

I'm with you i dont compete but i do like knowing my numbers. you get a TL for only 600 bucks so i just bought my own. dont really need it but it sure is fun to play with

and yes the ported will be ALOT louder to the ear then the sealed.

My buddy's 12" L7 was pretty loud sealed on 800+ watts. But ported is even louder.

If you can make it fit, go ported. If not, I'm sure you'd be happy with sealed just going by the ear.

Personally, if all you have to work with is 5-6 cubes, I'd just run one 15" L7 ported and feed it 1200 watts. Can you say LOUD? Especially in a small truck like that.

well i have i about 8 cubic feet to work with, do yall have a link to where i can find a ported box plans for my L7's.

hmmmm at about what db's does back glass started to bend, and hoods flex????

but man i never heard a system that was ported sounded right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well i have i about 8 cubic feet to work with, do yall have a link to where i can find a ported box plans for my L7's.
hmmmm at about what db's does back glass started to bend, and hoods flex????

but man i never heard a system that was ported sounded right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
there is no real number for that stuff. IE: this truck is louder then my van was yet the van flexed alot more then my truck does. it all depends on the cars build. i brush 150 and my roof moves but not a ton. but my back window looks like its going to fall into the bed. its really up to your car.

as for plans look at BCAE.com and you will find several calulators to help you also 12volt.com

ok guys

this is my plans: rune 0 gauge wire from the battery to the disco block then run 2 gauge from the block to the amps. the from the amp rune 2 or 4 gauge to the terminal cup on the outside of the box??? then when i wire my 4 ohm sub in parrel giving it a 2ohm final, my question is what size wire do i use to wire it in parrel???

you don't need more than 8 from amp to subs, and that should be the same as what is inside the box.

my opinion on the sealed/ported debate:

if you want loud, L7's are a good choice, but port them

if you want sound quality, L7's are a bad choice, get other subs, and still port them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

L7's sealed just makes no sense to me.

I'm gonna put 2 15L7's in a extended cab S10 whenever I get around to it.

I wanna buy all the equipment first though.

Still got a sub amp to go.

And they will be ported.

Oh, and ampresearch... Your install is teh sexy...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.