15l7's In A X-cab Truck

next question on electrical:

i have a red top battery right now with the stock alty buting out 80amps. what kinda inpact with this have on my battery and amp??? i probably will not be listening to my system for more then 10min at full blast.. will i have any problems??

so hmmmm. so 8 gauge leaving the amp is enought??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

8 is MORE then enough. matter a fact its over kill. you need no more then 12 at the most. anything more is just for looks or to make the user feel better about themself. the 12 is MORE then able to handle the job and will offer no harm or down side what so ever.

as for the alt you should replace it. the one kicker amp alone will draw as much as 120 amps. i run a few 1500.1's and they pull nearly 150 at full tilt with tones.

i run a 200 amp alt with two yellow tops. my voltage is about 14.8 and drops to around 13.5 when playing hard. the alt ran me 300 from excessive amp. best purchase i ever made for my system. also be sure to upgrade the big three to ) awg.

well i have i about 8 cubic feet to work with, do yall have a link to where i can find a ported box plans for my L7's.
hmmmm at about what db's does back glass started to bend, and hoods flex????

but man i never heard a system that was ported sounded right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

for a daily driver I MUCH prefer the sound of a sealed box...and yes, it will sound loud, yes, you will NOT be able to see out of your mirror cearly. The ported boxes are for pushin air and increasing pressure hence the moving windows, doors, etc. Go with a sealed box... you will like the sound better...not so boomy. And, in a smallish truck such as yours, the bass frequencies you are wishing to blast the punk in the car next to you with WILL BE HEARD. The lower bass frequencies are MUCH longer than the length of the interior of your cab, so, by rolling a window down, the 'pressure' will be allowed to vent to the outside of the vehicle and 'slam' the dope next to and in front of you. LOL! works for me with my lil 12 in JL.... When I start feeling honery I will turn it up and count how many open windows I can get to close.... especially if the loser is smoking a cigarrette.... I need a new bumper sticker that says,

"If I Have To Smell Your Cigarrette, You HAVE to Listen to My Music!"

thanks man thats the first post that didnt slam me for wanted it in a sealed box.

i mean i know it will sound louder in a ported box but i like sealed better.

but you're getting L7's!

why get an SPL sub, that's made to get super loud, and likes ported boxes, and then put it into a sealed box to try and force it to have sound quality?

i think you need to get your priorities straight. if you're looking for sound quality look for a new sub! there are plenty of SQL subs out there that will be super loud and sound good doing it.

next question:

my alty puts out 80amps and i have a new red top battery. i was wondering after i run two zx1000.1 to it will i have problems?? i will upgrade to the big 3 later and a h/o alty but wanted to save and get it later. i probably will not be playing my music for more then 10minutes at a time a day. also as long as my battery is putting out 12volts that means my amp isnt going to clip as long as the gain is set right, right???

thx for the help so far!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

to get full power out of that amp you need to keep your system running as close to 14.4 as possible. my guess is that with that alt you will be running high

11's and 12's. not good for your subs amp or sound. you are trying to build a higher wattage spl system on a sub par electrical system. not a good idea.

BTW if you want a full lifetime replacment on a HO alt go to napa. they sell one thats a 200+ amps at low RPM it cost more from a place likle that but you will get a life time replacment so it may be worth the extra cost for ya

ok about the h/o alty

i know a guy that works on cars and stuff that could give me a alty at his cost. what is the smallest and largest i would need for my two zx1000.1 amps

thx for the help guys!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.