1500 watts at 1 ohm to high for l7 15?

are you smoking the kush dude?
sealed requires more power for the same loudness...

look in the manual also...

750 rms is the max for a sealed box and 600 IIRC for ported..

but I have installed plenty of these junk subs to know what they will take and what it takes to make em do it...

got a customer that has his 12" L7 running on a solid 1200 rms daily in 3.5 tuned at 37.... over 3 years...

they will do it if done right. they just sound like crap no matter what..
L7s are rated for 1k.. And I had two on an dsc1500 they took it. That's two though if you running one just run a 1kw amp, even though you prob wouldn't see tha 1.5kw on that one amp it's better safe than sorry with a kicker since recones don't exist. IMO sell it on craigslist or here and buy something else. Unless your happy with your purchase then by all means run it, you won't find many (if any) kicker fans on here.

yeah I already corrected the wattage was also helping someone with a 12" L7... they ( 12" L7 ) are rated at 750 rms ( 15's are 1k yes.. sealed!!! ) either way if the box is built right they will take 1200 rms np...ported daily... but they are horrible subs...

they get decently loud and that is all...

so whats the best subwoofer around these days
fast-and-furious.jpg

that is all subject to opinion and personal taste

there are tons of way better subs out there than Kicker for alot less..

DD,SSA, TC, HF, Orion ect...

my $ would have to go to the Orion HCCA subs... but thats my opinion...

Not the right question on this or any forum you should do some browsing yourself. The only reason I say that is because of all the different ones you will hear and the ones you won't. Look into companies like sundown, DC, atomic, Fi, some will say AQ, And many more.

Sundowns website has the SA series which are very good woofers and they also have Z series and nightshades which aren't on their website yet since they just updated the site to a new layout. Sundown also makes amazing amps if you were looking for amps. Other car audio forums have specs for the sundown z and nightshade series I dont think this one does but you could always email them or go to db-r.com or woofersetc.com

L7s are rated for 1k.. And I had two on an dsc1500 they took it. That's two though if you running one just run a 1kw amp, even though you prob wouldn't see tha 1.5kw on that one amp it's better safe than sorry with a kicker since recones don't exist. IMO sell it on craigslist or here and buy something else. Unless your happy with your purchase then by all means run it, you won't find many (if any) kicker fans on here.
Did I read somebody said theres no Kicker fans in here if any Okay then Im one

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Dont lettem scare u dawg....I know it might be better out there but u keep your l7 15

Whateva yall say about these being junk subs thats yall opinion cause i have 1k on my

l7 12's......my zx1500.1 is @ 1ohm no probs

Hell no its not too much... what the hell is everyone thinking?

Its called a gain knob! or wire it to 4 ohms if its dvc.

I always try to buy my amps with double the rated power of my subs or speakers.

I have never blown a speaker in my 10+ years in audio.

Having "headroom" is important. It allows for better dynamic range. Also, the amp isn't stressed (no clipping, runs cooler, lasts longer, runs more efficient) not to mention making up for overrated power specs of the amp manufacture.

A speaker will let you know when its getting too much power when its tone changes and starts sounding distorted, or mechanically bottoming out. just be mindful of the gains and that thing will never blow.

The guy who mentioned the cap is correct, if your electrical system is not up to the task then adding a cap only adds more load to the charging system because now it has to run the amp and charge the cap. same goes with the battery too.

I think I might be a god send to this forum if this is the way everyone thinks.

actually, i am a kicker fan........... it all comes down to you. the sub will take 1000/2000 in proper ported or sealed boxes. the output will just be different. just build you a kicker spec box and it'll do good. you can blow that sub pushing a 400watt amp, and you can set it up on a 1500d, if you just set it up right. you can even build better than kicker spec, but they are good and safe. mind excursion. while it is good for cooling, you don't want to bottom out, or kill the tinsel leads. recognize distortion. i have to agree, they are not the best sq subs, but they do have their purpose......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.