15 avalanche installed

swimfreak26
10+ year member

I am cool
Well I installed my avalanche a little while ago...didn't get much time to listen to it, but I'm impressed with what I've heard so far.

A better review will be done once I get it in a bigger box (in 2.3 cubes at 32Hz right now), and get some more listening time in. Here's what I've noticed so far though.

Listened to a few songs off the korn greatest hits CD and it is very accurate, kick drums come in nice and clear with a nice punch...sounds very similar to the way my 15A did. Over all it sounded a lot the same as the A series, but the difference comes in with the extremely low frequencies....the Avanlache just sounds very smooth down here. It's hard to explain the sound, my brother's SX doesn't hit lows very well at all, my A hit them with a lot of authority, and this sub lays back a little with a "smooth" sound is all I can explain.

As far as output, it's not much different from the A again...very similar output levels with the bx1000d hooked up to both.

Again, I will do a better review probably in the next week or so...but this should give you a little idea.

Pics will come as soon as I find my camera....but we won't be getting any butt shots until I build the new box, will just be installed pictures for the time being. Probably up sometime tomorrow or sunday.

It is quite loud...about the same output as the A series drivers had. Chad said they loosen up and get louder with about a weeks playing time too, so we'll see how everything turns out with it. I am quite pleased though, was not a bad choice at all.

Vids I see of the Ava 15 looks pretty sweet, gets low, and moves a lot of air. Very effecient drivers indeed that doesnt really need alot of power or space to get it to perform. Anyone know when the Ava 12 will come out?

wait till you put it in the bigger ported box. i installed mine a few days ago and it still amazes me. i was playing some 33,43,50hz test tones and it just hurt sitting in the car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

were can I see some vids of an avalanch? I'm tired of waiting for the 18" xxx so I might consider an avalanch 18".

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif

there was a thread by ALUM10 (i think) that had a link to it. lemme see if i can find it.

link 4 u -

http://slimdawg.zarix.net/

enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Man is it just me or did it seem like that XXX trounced on that Avalanche? Can I get some opinions please? Hell the only time I liked the Avalanche was playing track 11. Am I trippin?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.