140db With Two 8's? T Line Enclosure

Did 142.3 with 2 208sq subs. Amp was CT2200.1 @2 ohms. 

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Stang Tline box
We had the sq 1200.1 on these.. just put some real power to them a couple days ago (sq 2200.2 @.5) and they love it. The difference is insane.

To be honest, I just really want to try one out. I have about 4 cubes of space to work with and I'm happy with 140 so why not.
Then I'd go for it....

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

I did a 144.6 with 4 of the 8's Tline. It was loud if you asked me. I'm trying to have my friend send the video. Had them on my CT 2200.1 fire series and they wanted more. I know a 145 was possible.
Again that's decent for 4 8's in a daily but 145 isn't hurting anyone's ears lol

I am interested in using those little things in a t line. Can't seem to find too much info on anybody doing that. Just a lot of people asking questions about them

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

designing a transmission line is tuff.

you have to taper the port but i actually like to play with the initial chamber size more so than worrying too much about the tapering. the length of the wave from the rear cone to the mouth should be the same wavelength as the FS of the driver. depending on the drivers compliance and suspension stiffness is going to vary the FR. the taper is to help breakdown standing waves but i perfect to keep the port at least 1/2 the SD of the woofer.. you just got to play with it a bit to get it just right but the benefits are excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the middle of building a t-line cscstang designed for a Skar zvx-8 that I won. Should be finished in the next day or so, and can't wait to see how it sounds. The thing is pretty beefy and rated at 900w rms

Sent from my G870a on 38's

In the middle of building a t-line cscstang designed for a Skar zvx-8 that I won. Should be finished in the next day or so, and can't wait to see how it sounds. The thing is pretty beefy and rated at 900w rms
Sent from my G870a on 38's
Keep us posted, and with lots of photos. I'm really starting to get interested in designing my own T-line for my girls car and for my home theater. So the more input the better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.